Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Hah...so nothing like what I was expecting from all the models and forecasts, but Bristol still managed to get some strikes in the end... :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms anything to annoy the Smurfs!

Finally started to kick off in my area.Pity it wasn't at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning all :)
WOW!! What a day yesterday turned into for you folks down south! :bomb::D

I hope that everyone is safe and with no damage to report, although I have read about and seen whats happened  to those poor folks in Coverack, Cornwall.
Today the main interest moves north wards, as normal I'm using the Cape and LI charts from the 00z run from GFS.
Fingers crossed that everyone who wants a good storm today gets something (myself included) :bomb::D
As always check the Skew-T charts, storm radar, and of course this forum.
But good luck to everyone with this today, and lets hope that this delivers. :bomb::friends:

Screenshot (134).png

Screenshot (135).png

Screenshot (136).png

Screenshot (137).png

Screenshot (138).png

Screenshot (139).png

Screenshot (140).png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I didn't want to clog up this forum last night, as there was so much going on... But last night whilst out with the dog, I saw the first signs of instability in the atmosphere over these parts. :bomb:

Certainly no guarantee of a storm, but a good and encouraging sign. :bomb::D

IMG_3329.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Thought i'd slept through it all...turned out we got absolutely nothing! How very disappointing yet again!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Our MCS still going very strong as it rumbles out into the N Sea. What a cracking night for many. A very happy bunny I am! 

Denmark, over to you! 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Our MCS still going very strong as it rumbles out into the N Sea. What a cracking night for many. A very happy bunny I am! 

Denmark, over to you! 

surprised here to, but what a night, storms just kept going and going

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not a bad couple of hours...Never seen the cat move so fast!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Extremely eventful last night, well done to all those who had storms.

The modelling showed we were odds on to see something here on the edge of West Midlands but like with all weather- we never see any!

Hopefully we will be in with a chance this afternoon with some high CAPE and good lifted index!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Morning all. I got woken up at 2:30ish by more close lightning strikes. What a night last night! Never have I ever seen such strong winds associated with a thunderstorm though....that storm yesterday evening around 10PM was insane....I thought there was gonna be a Tornado for real. 

• Like 3

Posted

i guess we are being greedy now but really want this cloud to disappear so we can start building some heat in the hope of some more storms later this afternoon, they are currently forecast to stay further west of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Kentish Kiwi said:

One of the best thunderstorms I've ever seen. Still flashing away multiple times a minute but now tailing off here in NW Kent. Not exaggerating when I say we had around 45 minutes with lightning every c.5/10 seconds.

Sounds just like the 31st of may down here, missed tonights but saw all the flashes from everyone elses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well the distant lightning did indeed mean something as later in the night we had a few storms around the area.:)

I think it was the first time we have had that US style anvil crawler type lightning, with nice long rumbling soft thunder with loads of vibrant intra-cloud lightning.

It wasn't the most intense storm, but it definitely had the most impressive and beautiful lightning I have ever seen. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Well I didn't get much sleep last night! We had cells to my west fire up well ahead of the main band so overall it lasted around 3 hours. Huge booming thunder overhead at around 3am. Even woke the husband up for once. 

Well off to Yorkshire now for some more fun and games hopefully! 

Edited by John Hodgson
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Thunderstorm rolling in this morning

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Paceyboy said:

Extremely eventful last night, well done to all those who had storms.

The modelling showed we were odds on to see something here on the edge of West Midlands but like with all weather- we never see any!

Hopefully we will be in with a chance this afternoon with some high CAPE and good lifted index!

Yes paceyboy, yet again, nothing for the west mids, whilst im glad a lot of people got what looked like some great storms last night, it is becoming a bit frustrating now, not more than a couple of rumbles here since 2015, not to mention the lack of snow. It almost seems as if we are becoming weather-less.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Can feel a lot of frustration in the West Midlands this morning including myself, after an un describable awful night, the shield is 'STILL' in action. Our last chance of something today and possibly tonight for this outbreak.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
5 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

It almost seems as if we are becoming weather-less.

Going off this year i agree with you, then again the South coast is always the place to be in these kind of setups and you can always rely on storms in the east, we are in the void!

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just driving the small to Nursery and you can clearly see the moisture evaporating up from the fields and into the clouds. (Yes my windscreen is filthy, sorry!) We had a corker here last night with constant strobing and some immense CGs and I've been up since about 2am but it was too good to not miss. I will be very interested to see if we can pull anything off a bit later as I'm working locally for once today - not looked at any charts yet though...

IMG_0348.MOV

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 hour ago, matt_in_dudley said:

Thought i'd slept through it all...turned out we got absolutely nothing! How very disappointing yet again!

Yes, after all that and still no storm here. The east wasn't even initially meant to be the focal point for storms. 

Every single time! 

• Like 1