Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just woken back up after a snooze - very frequent lightning here all across the southern sky, including what looks a bit anvil crawleriez. Thunder audible too!! Yay

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Singularity said:

Sounds about right - but then it is nearly 2 am and I've just spent an hour doing slow-mos on my iPhone and deleting the fails along the way :laugh:

The most intense cells have been sneaky and escaped NE from the point of origin, leaving me with lesser action to the south where I have a less obstructed view. Caught 5 bolts in good detail so Im pleased enough :)

lol, I was really thinking we would get something but we havent so far and not 100% sure that we will, the storm far south is likely to just do an East move again and the others wont likely make it

Posted

Just started to rain here, the storm is very very close close, the sky is lit up with constant activity to my South. And the Sky Sat signal is having problems...

Posted
1 minute ago, HighPressure said:

Just started to rain here, the storm is very very close close, the sky is lit up with constant activity to my South. And the Sky Sat signal is having problems...

And here it is, one almighty crash.

Posted

It must be the storm south of Peterborough. Beautiful orange flashes lighting up absolutely massive clouds! Will try and film but I don't think my phone is upt o doing it justice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Starting to pick up here after an hour of lightning but not much thunder . On the NW radar intense area of rain still near Exeter , and only starting to pull away now .

lightingi seems to be in batches, some infter cloud , some fork inter cloud . Thunder intensifying .. rain heavy ish  but on / off . 

Sounds like a cracking night in the south south east and to be fair not bad here either . I didn't think I was going to get any storm action . 

Stay safe all but enjoy . 

Apologies for spelling - haven't glasses on ! 

Oh oh my words bright flash and huge crack of thunder . 

Edited by Ciderwithrosie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still no let up with really heavy rain on and off. 20.6mm since midnight and rising quickly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
10 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

lol, I was really thinking we would get something but we havent so far and not 100% sure that we will, the storm far south is likely to just do an East move again and the others wont likely make it

Fingers crossed for you while this storm takes over my world... Man am I going to hit the mattress hard later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Huge crawler on the London webcam linked on the previous page. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Singularity said:

Fingers crossed for you while this storm takes over my world... Man am I going to hit the mattress hard later!

lol, I'm just not sure what to do atm ; P As now strikes are appearing south from peterborough but they'll move east again, though my best chances appear to be from 3am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I have just witnessed the most violent storm I think i have ever seen. I can't catch up with the posts on here but I am sure someone else noticed the storms that moved out of London towards Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. I intercepted it not far from Haverhill and chased it into Bury (as best I could). The storm contained intense winds, torrential rain, hail the size of 50p's at least and frequent lightning every 1-2 seconds. The thunder seemed elevated but then would have been drowned out by the hail. Plenty of flooding around the area. This was a severe storm, no doubt about it! Looks like I may meet more on my journey home too.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice light show now from the cells south of me, orange fork lightning hitting the sea. Cant hear the thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

This has to be the best storm I have seen in the UK, constant lightning, booming thunder and torrential rain. Spectacular 

• Like 1

Posted

Well thats me wide awake. Loud thunder overhead and then had to get up because the noise of the hail hitting everything was deafening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Round three here we go

• Like 1

Posted

If developments around Northampton burst into life then this is the Midlands/Central England's best shot of seeing a light-show for now.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

If developments around Northampton burst into life then this is the Midlands/Central England's best shot of seeing a light-show for now.

Fingers crossed, might be 3-4am if we see anything

Posted

Catching some big forks from over in Bracknell, 4/5 strikes at once it seemed, then nothing for minutes, then a couple more. Very impressive when it happens.