Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what are the steering winds for the storms along the South Coast? And how fast are these stroms moving?

To my untrained eye, radar returns and recorded strikes suggest N or NNE, but forward movement seems minimal.

• Like 1

Posted

Will be very interesting to see what happens once the trough comes through on top of this already active lot up I reckon it will coalesce into a MCS the size of the iceberg which broke off from the Larsen C shelf. :D

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

so how is sea staying calm during storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I'm gonna watch that all night :D

aye, just seen a couple of cracking crawlers on that web cam the past few minutes.....the brixham cam that 'Had Worse' linked to is showing a pretty good display as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Not looking good really. Storms to the South seem to be decaying as they head inland and also noticed they are taking more of a north-easterly track probably heading towards the areas already affected by the MSC earlier, not fair on those missing out :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Flashes from the south getting closer now as my garden still flicks from the N London storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

The Shoreham airport webcam pretty good for viewing, has sound too. http://flybrighton.com/live-information/webcam/ 

• Like 1

Posted

I think it's further east than the previous one at least the core of it seems to be going towards Brighton way and then up towards Central London, Kent and Essex. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Pokey little cell just fired up south of Bristol out of nowhere!

I can hear the thunder from the storm currently over Stansted! Can see the odd flash too. It's a hour and a quarter drive from me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
1 minute ago, xSnow said:

Not looking good really. Storms to the South seem to be decaying as they head inland and also noticed they are taking more of a north-easterly track probably heading towards the areas already affected by the MSC earlier, not fair on those missing out :nonono:

looking at radar the batch that is more western appears to be moving north then there seems to be a gap and the more Eastern one seems to moving more NE than N which may take the worst over a similar track to the MCV I believe it was called

disclaimer - this is pure guesswork

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Ok seen some from the south east now, so can confirm i can see the storm heading north from right down in the south east corner. Wow

• Like 2