Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar app beta test feedback

Message added by Paul

Thanks to all those involved in the beta test for the new radar apps - you're help is much appreciated. If you're posting some feedback or a bug report, please can you include the following info in your post:

1. Whether you're using Android or iOS
2. Whether you're using the Radar Extra or Free version of the app

Please can you also double-check you're using the latest available version of the app, as we're actively developing them, and are releasing frequent updates.

Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Would definitely recommend making absolutely sure you have the correct password there, the fix of making sure your password has at least 8 characters has worked for everyone else so far. 

The app is now working for me. Maybe restarting the tablet helped.Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Posted

We've updated both the free and extra versions of the app today with versions which hopefully clear the bugs which have been reported. Please let us know how you get on with them!

For anyone who'd like to try the apps before they're released, you can join the beta test here:

Extra:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.netweather.netweatherradarextra

Free
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.netweather.netweatherradar

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi Paul

Bugs have been fixed! :D

..just wondering about the smoother animation frames.. they are smooth when running forward, but still jumpy when moving back,

A couple of suggestions, if possible?

Would it be feasible to have the dark and B&W toner maps as options as well? Perhaps a dropdown menu like the rainfall accumulation? And talking of the accumulation map, could a transparency option be added? I normally like to use the B&W toner map, and reduce the transparency slightly, so you get a great view of rainfall totals when zooming in to a certain area.

I'm very demanding aren't I? haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Managed to get on the app after the earlier bug with the password, all working well and very impressed with the app.

Found one problem though which is the postcode dot, when zooming in close its accurate and shows where I am, however when I zoom out the dot becomes in the wrong place.

If I zoom out to show the north of England, its showing my postcode to be 10-20 miles to my north, and the error becomes greater the further I zoom out.

I've attached the image to where my postcode is withe the black dot however the app is much further north and incorrect.

19970842_10159137476000245_838838574_n.j

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Hi Paul

Bugs have been fixed! :D

..just wondering about the smoother animation frames.. they are smooth when running forward, but still jumpy when moving back,

A couple of suggestions, if possible?

Would it be feasible to have the dark and B&W toner maps as options as well? Perhaps a dropdown menu like the rainfall accumulation? And talking of the accumulation map, could a transparency option be added? I normally like to use the B&W toner map, and reduce the transparency slightly, so you get a great view of rainfall totals when zooming in to a certain area.

I'm very demanding aren't I? haha

Lol a little :D

The toner and dark maps aren't compatible with google maps I don't think, but it may be possible for us to make custom map themes on there in a future release. Don't think that's going to make it before the initial full release of the app, but I'll mark it up for updates later down the line. 

The jumpyness is tough to fix for going back, it's something we're looking at though. 

12 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

Managed to get on the app after the earlier bug with the password, all working well and very impressed with the app.

Found one problem though which is the postcode dot, when zooming in close its accurate and shows where I am, however when I zoom out the dot becomes in the wrong place.

If I zoom out to show the north of England, its showing my postcode to be 10-20 miles to my north, and the error becomes greater the further I zoom out.

I've attached the image to where my postcode is withe the black dot however the app is much further north and incorrect.

19970842_10159137476000245_838838574_n.j

Good spot! This should be fixed in the update which is going live today - I've just uploaded them both to the play store, so should start to roll out within the next few hours. 

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks for all the feedback on the Android apps, they're now out of beta and available through the Google Play Store :D

Extra subscribers:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.netweather.netweatherradarextra

Non-subscribers:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.netweather.netweatherradar

The iOS apps are on the way, please drop me a pm with your email address (the one you use for itunes etc) if you'd like to get involved in the beta test!

• Like 1

Posted

There's no time stamp on mine at all now :(

Posted

are you looking closely enough squire?

can you send a screenshot please - i tested in the pixel emulator and all was good.

ta

• Like 1

Posted

Good evening! :D

Here you go:

Screenshot_20170718-185328.png

Thinking about it I have previously increased the size of text in the phone settings, because I am getting old.  Perhaps that's why?

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

I keep getting push notifications even though they are switched off.

Posted

Netweather radar extra, I have rain alerts on, push notifications off but still get news alerts, other than that the apps great, might come in handy later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not sure what has happened in the last update, but the font in the menu has suddenly become very large. It's cutting some things off.

Screenshot_2017-07-19-19-08-46.thumb.png.30b92de2c21572457302d7d0bb03bfa0.png

Posted

is that the latest latest version 1.0.10 fixes that or at least should do

ta

Posted

Ta. Will figure in the morning. Probably android versions handling differently 

• Like 1

Posted

Working fine now boys - thank you muchly :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Calling all iOS users - please shout if you'd like to help with the beta test of the app.

If you'd like to help, and get early access ot the app, please either pm me, or email us from here. If you can let us know the email address you use for itunes and also whether you're an Extra subscriber or not, we'll send over an invite :D

Looks great and works well but I have a few questions-  maybe more later on with time

1 What's the difference between location zoom and postcode zoom - both do the same thing - only change is blue dot and pink dot

2 cannot get rid of postcode on LHS menu once you enter it once it saves permanently

Edited by sriram
Info