Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

photos not uploading to forum page

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

standard jpeg upload but getting the following error..."There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

4mb....need to upload 4

Posted

solved....resized them and they've uploaded ok

Posted

I've had the same problem in the past, I dont know what the size limit is but I find if they are less than about 2mb each they are fine otherwise its hit and miss.

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

I'm having problems uploading photos as well. Same message as ajpoolshark "there was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200." This applies to various sizes, e.g. 1.3mb, 2mb etc. Then occasionally a photo will upload. I've wondered if somehow it is my iPad and iPhone? 

Any advice is very welcome. Many thanks.

Posted

This does seem to happen on bigger files sometimes, after a bit of digging I think I know what may be the cause and have put in a fix, so please let me know if it's helped :D

Posted
13 hours ago, Paul said:

This does seem to happen on bigger files sometimes, after a bit of digging I think I know what may be the cause and have put in a fix, so please let me know if it's helped

Evening Paul,

Thank you for the fix and your prompt attention to my initial request for help. It was successful, albeit a temporary solution. I was able to upload a couple of photos in one post on the Autumn thread but then got that message again.

In a separate post I was only able to attach one photo, despite a joint size of only 2.3mb, should the additional photo I wanted to upload, successfully processed - again with the same message.  Am confused as this is the first time since I joined in 2005 that I've had difficulties with uploading photos so am wondering if it's me or my iPad/iPhone? 

Posted

I don't think it's something your side, I think it's something timing out on our side. I've made another change that I'm hoping will help, so please let me know if that does the trick. 

If it doesn't if you can let me know roughly how long the upload took when it failed, that'd be really helpful :) 

Posted
On 19/10/2017 at 08:38, Paul said:

This does seem to happen on bigger files sometimes, after a bit of digging I think I know what may be the cause and have put in a fix, so please let me know if it's helped

Sorry Paul but I can’t upload anything again now. Have given up trying to create a new album with photos of Chamonix and Mont Blanc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

was going to say it wasn't working, but when i tested here my pic came out fine.

:drunk-emoji:

Edited by Dami

Posted

This thread is about uploading to the gallery, is that what you were doing?

In terms of post thumbnails, there's the other thread for those, they're being moved today and while that process is ongoing they will be temperamental, although the ones above have worked alright. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I was uploading to the threads, but it doesn't matter it seems to be working ok now.

Posted
On 24/10/2017 at 18:19, Paul said:

Very strange, are you able to upload one or two of them to this thread at all please?

On 25/10/2017 at 17:02, Paul said:

@Soaring Hawk & @Mokidugway - we've got a brand new file storage system on the go for the gallery now, so I'm kind of hoping it'll solve your issues. Please have another crack and let me know!

Evening Paul, I managed to upload some photos onto a couple of threads and to the gallery, although couldn’t set a new album to put them in, although suspect that was me doing something wrong...

I can even upload to this page ( my puppy was watching Billy Connolly with me a few months ago).  Thank you for whatever you did Paul, much appreciated. 

E3086AB5-D981-47F2-B83C-72F51127B67B.jpeg