Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cape Wrath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

I started the Cape Wrath Trail last month and walked from Fort William to Dornie and then stopped due to an injury. Saturday morning I pick up the trail again and I hope to reach Cape Wrath in about ten days. But the big question is, what sort of weather can I expect this time of year? Also, what has the weather been like over the last 6 weeks or so? When I started in May it was very dry with a lot of the streams being completely dry, so what has the rainfall situation been like? More to the point, what are the chances of me being hit by a gale, particularly in the exposed bit between Rhiconich and Cape Wrath?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Well, it' Saturday and I have reached Rhiconich and it's tipping it down with rain with strong winds which forced me off the hills early. I'm a day ahead of schedule anyway so it doesn't really matter but it has been very dry up until now. Temperature about 8c last night at the bothy I was at. Just right for sleeping!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2