Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
3 hours ago, sunnijim said:

Had to share this!

19657102_2036448033244954_5341687124231589704_n.jpg

This is LITERALLY 2016 in a nutshell... (for me anyway)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

This is LITERALLY 2016 in a nutshell... (for me anyway)

Probably nearly everyone else on here as well. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 hours ago, sunnijim said:

Had to share this!

19657102_2036448033244954_5341687124231589704_n.jpg

you are all wrong. this is bedford. well my house,actually

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
6 hours ago, Supacell said:

Prospects of some thunderstorms this week as temperatures increase again across England and Wales. It is still far enough away that we need to curtail our excitement, but I personally am just glad to see even an opportunity of something. Hopefully if things do go the right way then the storms can be strong enough to smash through some of those storm domes scattered around the country, including the one that covers Belper and has done since 2015.

Always good to see charts like this :)

viewimage9HIMQCL1.thumb.png.6416724280a062f3e8a741c9f57be665.png   viewimage.thumb.png.476803929a6ccaf6c05f400ab9751322.png

Looks great - hoping the south gets something this time round fingers crossed

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Looks great - hoping the south gets something this time round fingers crossed

It looks like my area has it best. SE England potentially having up to 3000J/kg CAPE widely! Heres to a good thunderstorm event!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

ECMWF also showing "rain" moving in from SW overnight Thurs/Fri. Met Office have "Possible thunderstorms Thursday in central parts. Turning warm and humid." :)

ecmwf.png

Edited by poseidon
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning all :smile:
Well, yet again the good ole GFS is once again showing the possibility of some storm potential for a reasonable chunk of the UK. :bomb::D
Now then... As normal I have cherry picked the most juicy looking charts available from the 00z GFS run, from this coming Wednesday to next Sunday! 
Now the charts for Wednesday and Thursday are the ones to watch, the rest is just eye candy, but worth keeping an eye on at this stage.
The thing that cheers me up looking at these is that they are showing much lower cape figures than a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully not another capping event.
But as always, keep a close eye on the Skew-T charts, as they'll give you a better idea as to if its gonna go bang. :bomb:

So here's hoping that we can all enjoy some decent thundery action this coming week. :bomb::friends:

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Edited by Dangerous55019
Dyslexic Fingers/Typo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I am down in Cornwall this week. Hopefully I get a good storm coming up from the English Channel later this week. A nighttime thunderstorm would be great :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm keeping Thursday evening free so I'm available to travel (within reason) to make sure no storm gets missed!

Ideally - for me anyways - storms will track up from the south (and I can use the A3 as a conduit) but we all know they will do what they want...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

hi gang ,its looking promising for some action later this week especially thurs and friday .

No exact detail can be put on any given location but the fair chance is certainly there . would be great for an overnight storm ,thunder rattling the windows and forked lightning dancing all around .I do read the posts most days ,but my dearest wife is very ill ,its great to come on this forum for a read ,well gang  bring on the storms ,hope all get a bit of the action :yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Love the funnel cloud pics. :) Really want to see another one now (getting greedy!).

The end of the week looks promising (although early stages yet as Nick said). I don't welcome the humidity and heat (HATE it) but thankfully it looks like it'll only last three days so far and hopefully go out with a BANG. :bomb: I'm going to be keeping an eye on this and may even go chasing friday if there's any chance of seeing something in the south east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Three different apps showing thunderstorms for Thursday..

Screenshot_2017-07-03-14-30-11.thumb.png.1258f503b48838cf966117ef7f0e5375.png Screenshot_2017-07-03-14-31-11.thumb.png.a8f67b1f816a0a4511bf9966e165208d.png Screenshot_2017-07-03-14-32-34.thumb.png.22f0290426893ddbd23ced5fad0a0e05.png

Guaranteed! sarcastic_hand.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Blink and you shall miss it. 

IMG_0031.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hopefully the end of this week will get off to something like what we saw this time two years ago. The night when it looked like war of the worlds kicking off. That Bournemouth storm was incredible!

First two vids are my own, the third is of the same storm over Bournemouth! What a night that was. 

• Like 7

Posted
17 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Hopefully the end of this week will get off to something like what we saw this time two years ago. The night when it looked like war of the worlds kicking off. That Bournemouth storm was incredible!

First two vids are my own, the third is of the same storm over Bournemouth! What a night that was. 

I remember this storm very well; one of the best I had seen. It was worth staying up all night till 6am as it passed us here in Skellingthorpe lol. A repeat like this would be great though

• Like 2

Posted

This is looking better with the 12z for Thursday evening, the storm risk looks to be moving slughtly east wards during the night

STORM THURSDAY.png

STORM THURSDAY 2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

I'm hoping this wont be a pulse type affair, and that we will get some proper, decent mcs for a change! With charts and figures like these could we even be in with a chance of a supercell? What does everyone think of this?

• Like 1

Posted
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 23:30, alexisj9 said:

It was in France, or the one I could see was anyway, gave a few visible flashes too. 

Bit late to reply, sorry! My bad, didn't see it was france!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

I remember the 2015 storm around this time very well! Very very cool hoping for a repeat soon

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, TJS1998Tom said:

This is looking better with the 12z for Thursday evening, the storm risk looks to be moving slughtly east wards during the night

STORM THURSDAY.png

STORM THURSDAY 2.png

Slightly* Just noticed the spelling error lol : P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
On 30/06/2017 at 15:19, LightningLover said:

it seems as if today was a bust. we just had a moderate rain shower. Lets hope for some widespread thunderstorms soon, or it will be 2016 all over again. :nonono:

I'm genuinely puzzled by that remark. According to the records I keep we had at least 15 thunderstorms in this area last year, some of which were quite spectacular, including some overnighters that lasted 2 or 3 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

With pressure lowering during Wednesday night and Thursday there shouldn't be a cap in place as under the high a few weeks ago. What we do need though is a lot of hot sunshine Thursday morning to get the temperatures as high as possible then it'll be game on from lunchtime onwards. AltCas watch from late Wednesday too.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
3 hours ago, TJS1998Tom said:

STORM THURSDAY.png

STORM THURSDAY 2.png

Interesting, but certainly a quicker evolution eastwards when comparing it to the 6z run. However, too early to worry about that right now. I am happy just to see another opportunity developing at this stage.

• Like 1