Snow?

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Popped out with the camera after finishing work yesterday at 5:45pm. Got onto the storm which passed through Malton when it was near Sledmere in the Yorkshire Wolds. Visually, it appeared supercellula

A few shots of the storm tonight using iLightningCam app.

BIG storm went over here earlier, only just got power back on. Trees down and roads flooded in the Malton area, never seen anything quite like it, absolute carnage. Unfortunately my weather stati

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Just had three rain drops from a gloomy sky, now brightening up again. Never mid the No Storms Club, what about the No Rain Club? Or the One Minute of Ploppy Rain Club?

Well if you're expecting rain today then massive amounts of good luck, I've been right in the middle under that colourful blob over peterborough for around half an hour ish and the floor is just kinda looking spotty haha it must be evaporating or something but there wasn't much coming out of it that's for sure

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Justin123 said:

Amazing, i did notice that.!!

Trying to check against the scale is tricky - but I'd say 1 down from the top. Maybe someone else has better colour vision than me :)

Channel Cell.PNG

Edited by Joneseye
Just now, Joneseye said:

Channel Cell.PNG

i think these cells may cluster together, as they are in close proximity of each other, lets wait and see what happens when they reach our sandy shores ! love to see what going on there right now, golf ball sized hail and F5 Tornado?  :yahoo:

1 minute ago, Joneseye said:

Looks like some cells developing over the Cherbourg Peninsula now too. Hopefully some treats in store for the baked, sleep deprived south east folk.

You know that, feel like a burnt zombie this week , its just to hot to function, but it may all pay of today, we must having been saving all the CAPE for today and its going to go :bomb:

• Like 2

Unfortunately most CAPE has shifted away East now.

still scope for some thunderstorms to break out however i would assume severity will be limited.

2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Guildford looks finely placed for that little channel number :yahoo:

It's a lot colder today though, and I imagine Cape is thin on the ground compared with yesterday. However - I do expect something more than a shower looking at the radar(s)

The cells in the channel seem to be tracking more E'WRDS than the cells north of london, that are moving NE'STLY. i just need a thunder fix!

Line of storms just passed through Longstanton, near Cambridge. Considering radar signals - not much precip at all just a short sharp burst. A few rumbles of thunder though.

Nothing too exciting .... so far. Have low expectations for today once this line passes through and the cooler air comes in behind

5 minutes ago, Karen Gauntlett said:

just had a little burst of rain with huge raindrops and a nice loud rumble of thunder is this all we will get or is it just the start i wonder

It's gonna be a patchy morning of stormy showers I think.

Unfortunately this means cloud, which means lower temps for later and less afternoon potential.

• Like 1