Snow?

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Popped out with the camera after finishing work yesterday at 5:45pm. Got onto the storm which passed through Malton when it was near Sledmere in the Yorkshire Wolds. Visually, it appeared supercellula

A few shots of the storm tonight using iLightningCam app.

BIG storm went over here earlier, only just got power back on. Trees down and roads flooded in the Malton area, never seen anything quite like it, absolute carnage. Unfortunately my weather stati

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Arnie Pie said:

yep ....we`ve been here before though.....I feel your pain but the majority of the Midlands has missed out on the fun and games:)

But that's the thing about (even 'organised') storms, isn't it? They seldom if ever affect the whole country at once...Cartwheels in Lincolnshire means self-flagellation everywhere else?:D

• Like 3

34c and a serious cap on down here in the melting south.. What a spell of weather one that will go down in history. But I'm still cautious on it going down in history for another reason aside the heat.. But we shull see what happens over night 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

34c and a serious cap on down here in the melting south.. What a spell of weather one that will go down in history. But I'm still cautious on it going down in history for another reason aside the heat.. But we shull see what happens over night 

Its getting way to much now!! Seems o be the way around here tho, a breeding ground for the immense heating and unfortunately not a lot of action as a reward :-/

• Like 2

Currently 32.4'c in the CentreMK. humidity sat around 42% with a Dew point around 19'c. High cover of cirrus making the sun hazy, but boy is it hot and still getting warmer. Like a furnace outside today.

• Like 2

There's actually more capping further North than there is down here. The profiles are drier though, so not much in the way of moisture to aid anything.

• Like 2

We've got a couple of radar apps to test on both ios and android, just in time for some storm action, if anyone fancies helping us out :D

There are versions for both extra subscribers and non-subscribers, so if you're interested in beta testing them, please drop me a pm, or email through the site:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=contact;sess= 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, dragon falls said:

Any chance storms will kick off in south Wales very surprised nothing has moved up with the heat or home grown cells 33 here now .

Nothing forecast for the area. Some light drizzle. The front coming in is just not active enough

• Like 1

Shower gone through now. Nothing more than a few spots, with most evaporating on the way down, oh and do I need to add, zero electrical activity.

• Like 1