Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Thicker cloud coming in from the West with Accas now.

• Like 1

Temperature has dropped to 25 and it's getting more difficult to see any blue patches of sky. Humidity is off the scale really and we've had a couple of light showers. I've just done a medium wave crackle test and it was negative, there's hardly any breeze to speak of so I reckon that if it happens at all it's going to be a few hours away. We're also in something of a rain shadow here, the Clwydian Hills soak up much of it before it can get here.

Pete

I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but I've just got a nagging feeling Bournemouth is well positioned.  I've actually got relatively high hopes of getting a storm early morning tomorrow.

Anyhow - good luck to all, wherever you are.

• Like 4

Very milky skies now but temperatures still at 29C. Forecast looks poor for much of Wales & the southwest, with patchy drizzle later tonight:nonono:

Just convective rain here unless the orographic lift from the Pennines sets anything off, at least behind this mess is clear skies again so it'll only take 2 hours for this lot to clear east. 

• Like 1

Bloody hell peeps it's roasting out there :pardon: fingers crossed something pops up here, don't think it will but we shall see, hope your all loving the weather, stay safe out there :bomb:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Hi Guys this is my first post on here :) Also just started raining here in Wrexham and the humidity has gone through the roof and it feels tropical here. No thunder/lightning here yet.

Currently working in Llay, the rain has stopped here. Fingers crossed for something after 5 when I get home.

• Like 1

Just now, weathermadbarnsleylad said:

In Barnsley looks like a few showers coming up our way now, no lightning getting detected yet will keep you informed.

It's just murk, nothing interesting so far.  Convective blanket of sun blocking cloud widening sadly.

Hi, gone overcast and raining here in Liverpool City Centre.

4 minutes ago, snowprincesspboro said:

Bloody hell peeps it's roasting out there :pardon: fingers crossed something pops up here, don't think it will but we shall see, hope your all loving the weather, stay safe out there :bomb:

hope you get a storm or 2, and they find there way here, milky blue skies here but very warm.

• Like 1

Althugh cloud has covered most of the sky now, its still bloody oppressive out there, wow, feels like we're in the tropics 

Stupid useless crud ruining everything. :wallbash:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

Thicker cloud coming in from the West with Accas now.

Yes....More definition to the clouds....lots of convection up high

ever hopeful

IMG_2024.thumb.JPG.429330aa1e5fb4d7845c8a973e1bcc8d.JPG

• Like 6

Is it just me or are things looking more promising south of the main risk area. All that cloud/rain can't be good for insolation; though, there's still the problem of finding a trigger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

Yes....More definition to the clouds....lots of convection up high

ever hopeful

IMG_2024.thumb.JPG.429330aa1e5fb4d7845c8a973e1bcc8d.JPG

And, of course, so you should be. The forecast for action *starts* at 6pm .... and ends around 3am tomorrow.

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 1

Completely cloud covered again E of Wakefield,can see the darkening skies coming from the Peak District but nothing of note as per @Mark Griffin post. 

• Like 1

To all those complaning about crud... patience, the exciting stuff will come later. :)

• Like 1

Just saw a piece of crud fly through the sky, game over :(

• Like 6

Sun / cloud mix here but incredibly stuffy. Skies look to be darkening to the south beyond emley moor transmitter.

Were the storms in SW Scotland forecast, not seen much mention on here.

Still 27C with a DP of 19C, with the sun shining - but that mess is fast approaching.

I really do hope it clears quickly. 

10 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

And, of course, so you should be. The forecast for action *starts* at 6pm .... and ends around 3am tomorrow.

yep ....we`ve been here before though.....I feel your pain but the majority of the Midlands has missed out on the fun and games this year:)

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 1

There is some definite convection going on around Glossop, some interesting structures to my South (towards Whaley/Buxton) and West (Manchester). Think if the caps going to break it will be between 17z and 19z 

Hot and humid here with milky skies. Know we're not due anything tonight but that Met O warning for tomorrow morning has caught my eye...

• Like 2