Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

These look to like building towers to me!!!!

IMG_1160.JPG

Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

Indeed yes, the Amiens storm is no longer a single celled organism...

It seems to have split into two separate storms, hopefully they will proceed across the channel...

2 minutes ago, Nath said:

By my completely non weather expert feelings I feel things will go mental this evening.

Skies are teasing and suggesting that's a possibility 

2 minutes ago, richjb78 said:

Funnily enough, I'm right under the blob of rain on the radar and haven't had a drop! No Thunder that I could hear either!

We had about 10 mins torrential rain here in Crofton,E of Wakefield,plenty of thunder on approach but has calmed somewhat in the following mins.

7 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

0,0 EYES PEELED

Capture.JPG

The steering flow doesn't support that i'm afraid, we're not in plume conditions.

My iPhone app saying 30% chance from 18:00 then 40% from 19:00

Might well be right

Also starting to get a bit of a headache, which can mean storms, then again I've had it on and off since Tuesday!

Well....it seems like a lot of us have a chance of getting something. All we have to do is wait and see...

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, Mark Walker said:

We had about 10 mins torrential rain here in Crofton,E of Wakefield,plenty of thunder on approach but has calmed somewhat in the following mins.

Yup, I'm a 5 mins drive west of Royston and got barely anything, That cell is producing some beefy rain for some.

Just don't get how the southern areas are not capitalising on this... I guess it's the cap still - but I've never seen reluctant convection on the scale that I've been seeing over the last few months.

It really is something else. Storms just can't get going at all

Just now, richjb78 said:

Yup, I'm a 5 mins drive west of Royston and got barely anything, That cell is producing some beefy rain for some.

Aye seemed to explode overhead is the feeling I got.

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The steering flow doesn't support that i'm afraid, we're not in plume conditions.

Ah, my mistake..

Dead duck here just too far south once again. I can see Storm clouds to the north so another case of close but no cigar.

Few shower cells popping up I Herts now.

Straws

Something trying to develop out West.....N of Ludlow

Skies are flatter than a witch's t*t here. As expected. Good development a bit back to my east though, off towards the peaks. 

Skies have exploded here in the last hour plenty of lightning just to my south hopefully will push a little further north

Can see the tops of the cells over Northern France through the haze from Saltdean...They look like they are getting nearer , or have I been skygazing too long?

That storm which has just passed Barnsley is catching my interest as I've got relatives in Hull, they may catch the southern part of it. Pretty impressed by how quickly that formed but still nothing south of Yorkshire really.

Shocking forecast,me thinks something went very wrong today.:nonono: