Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Radar showing zip for london. Going to take a peek outside in a few minutes and see whats going on (if anything).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

If you look at the satellite you can see there is a narrow strip of high topped cloud stretching down along the Welsh border from that Chester cell. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Blue skies here is Weston super mare, very light high cloud so we shall possibly see nothing this time around

Posted
15 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Building rapidly, looks to be heading south of here, probably Wakefield if it keeps on developing. 

20170706_135406.jpg

Yep,nicely building right over my head around 4 miles east of Wakefield

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

This on UKWW should give the southerners something to get excited about:

IMG_9495.PNG

IMG_9496.PNG

Yes, this ties in with my thoughts that something could fire down south later on in the day, though a long-shot! Would be nice to get something in my neck of the woods.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Another wind direction shift. Now NW'ly. Currently still dry...but no proper sun for some time.

Posted

Beast of a storm now heading North East away from Cambridge! Very active, will be a hail possibility too for anyone in it's path 

FullSizeRender (002).jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

clouded up a little bit here as well but cloudy is as much as I can techincally describe it

Posted

We've got a couple of new radar apps which are currently in beta that are available to try (they're stable, but may have some bugs and issues within them still, as they are pre-release versions).

For Extra subscribers, you can join the beta test here (the app will be a free addition to your subscription):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.netweather.netweatherradarextra

For non-subscribers there's, you can join here:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.netweather.netweatherradar

Hopefully they'll come in useful today! If you do have any feedback or spot any bugs, please head over to the the feedback thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/87942-radar-app-beta-test-feedback/

Thanks

Paul

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
7 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

IMG_9495.PNG

IMG_9496.PNG

"But probably not south coast counties" 

:(

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Another wind direction shift. Now NW'ly. Currently still dry...but no proper sun for some time.

That's not good, it will bring cooler air from the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

exactly what was anticipated, this is good as it erodes the cap from the northwest and gives things a chance to get going down towards London... :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

It would be nice if I could get a storm today, all I have seen are some very distant flashes and heard a really low rumble this year!! 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

IMG_9495.PNG

IMG_9496.PNG

I would like to add to this that it is HOT AS HELL in Salisbury right now, not a breathe of wind for the last 2 hours and temps nearing 30 across a wide range of local reporting stations. Not sure about the humidity but it's making me sweat a lot which is unusual for me in hot weather.
Also, I remain hopeful here regardless; given that it has been continually sunny here all day bar 5 minutes of alto cass earlier that it might just spark something off local to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

IMG_9495.PNG

IMG_9496.PNG

To be honest I can't fault much of this. As I alluded to earlier, I am buoyed by the fact the elevated mash-up this morning didn't happen and we have had more extensive heating than was otherwise anticipated. Based on DPs the juice seems to be sticking around longer than was otherwise anticipated.

Having a quick gander at the WRF-NMM it is keen for a trough feature to run in and generate some convective activity in and around the London area later today. It is thinking some time later than the UKWW chaps and my iPhone. It is also going for much higher CAPE (both SB and MU) than it was this time yesterday - current thinking C/S/SE England 2,500 - 3,000 J/Kg with LI -7 to -9 (MUCAPE), this remaining so from around 16z to 22z before clearing away.

Temps currently 30C in London with (again, iPhone) storm probabilities now at 90%.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, Harry said:

To be honest I can't fault much of this. As I alluded to earlier, I am buoyed by the fact the elevated mash-up this morning didn't happen and we have had more extensive heating than was otherwise anticipated. Based on DPs the juice seems to be sticking around longer than was otherwise anticipated.

Having a quick gander at the WRF-NMM it is keen for a trough feature to run in and generate some convective activity in and around the London area later today. It is thinking some time later than the UKWW chaps and my iPhone. It is also going for much higher CAPE (both SB and MU) than it was this time yesterday - current thinking C/S/SE England 2,500 - 3,000 J/Kg with LI -7 to -9 (MUCAPE), this remaining so from around 16z to 22z before clearing away.

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Sky has turned white round here. Not sure if it's first tentative signs of convection or a capping inversion to rub salt into the wounds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Cell now over the dales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Anyone noticed the hook on that Cambridge storm?! Part of me wishes that I had gone down there earlier, but at least there's signs of development out west, not to mention it's gone cloudless and blazing hot... 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

More and more CU popping up, and with the CZ roughly over the river Severn....Things going to forecast around these parts

IMG_2031.thumb.JPG.c5742f3cc5d86e6d625c39ad7810cd51.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Anyone noticed the hook on that Cambridge storm?! Part of me wishes that I had gone down there earlier, but at least there's signs of development out west! 

Can see the anvil from here - pretty impressive, looks like a nuke went off over Cambridge.

Edited by poseidon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I have to be honest it's now or never for this part of the world today, if storms are gonna happen... And sadly I think it's gonna be a bust for this area. :sorry:

But on the other hand, it's nice to see the strong and sharp convective cloudscapes rather than the weak and fluffy convective skies that seem to have plagued this year so far.  :D

But after a little four mile walk I got back into the road where I live, and saw the rear of this little beauty over towards Chester. :)

Then as I got home, I saw this little beasty brewing up to my north west. :bomb::)

So although today could well be a bust for me, it looks like this area is the breeding ground for the storms that are heading east!

As ever I shall keep you all posted. :)

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

• Like 4