Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Well, the 12:00 storm never came to fruition, and Met O now dropped all mention of storms at 16:00. Skies still looking unstable and humidity ridiculous, so not calling a bust quite yet. IPhone app fancying 60% chance from 17:00-19:00... 

We shall see

Hope we all get something this afternoon! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, karyo said:

The updated euro 4 has storms for northern england this pm.

....and is sticking rigidly to its guns about nothing for the Midlands and eastwards. Euro4 sitting in its armchair with its arms folded and shaking its head going "nope...nope...I see more than what you see..nope"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

We'll see...

image.thumb.png.d4b30fc0ca8ea373a51e9048924501a7.png

just went there and they gave me no chance of rain whatsoever

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Small development east of the isle of wight.

And some cumulus stating to build here now.

• Like 1

Posted

Sat 24 may show something forming just under the main line of showers, have to see a couple more frames.

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

....and is sticking rigidly to its guns about nothing for the Midlands and eastwards. Euro4 sitting in its armchair with its arms folded and shaking its head going "nope...nope...I see more than what you see..nope"

One thing though, Euro 4 hasn't picked up the stuff across SE Eire and to its south too well and it didn't go for the showery rain across NW England this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

In between the city skyscrapers it looks like something may be building to the NE

Posted
2 minutes ago, Joneseye said:

Pretty jealous of that storm over in Belgium right now

Belgium storm.PNG

Nearly always the UK, channel or Northern France develops these storms, so they can go on to be Big monsters like these in places like Belgium and the Netherlands etc, with the UK missing out :( 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

seems a bit odd , now the forecasts weren't going for widespread activitiy but there indicating some activitiy

Posted

So i should feel lucky that my iphone app, the met office forecast and wunderground are all showing at least 3 hours of thunderstorms each for my location this evening, and on top of it im inside a estofex level 2.. for a hit and miss event i didnt think i would see a chance of getting anything in this time yesterday I'm feeling 60/40 positive now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

To my untrained eye it would appear that a) the weather sites can't agree on where or when and b) nobody on here has the foggiest idea where or when...!

so I'm just going to watch the radar :laugh:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

One thing though, Euro 4 hasn't picked up the stuff across SE Eire and to its south too well and it didn't go for the showery rain across NW England this morning.

I think that's because its a weakening cold front, and the precip charts struggle with that.

Posted
Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

To my untrained eye it would appear that a) the weather sites can't agree on where or when and b) nobody on here has the foggiest idea where or when...!

so I'm just going to watch the radar :laugh:

well there somethnig to be said for consistency

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Under a level 1 on estofex was under a level 2 a few weeks ago which failed to deliver due to excessive cloud cover again today going the same way 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Nearly always the UK, channel or Northern France develops these storms, so they can go on to be Big monsters like these in places like Belgium and the Netherlands etc, with the UK missing out :( 

Let's hope the band of precip over the Irish Sea/SW Approaches can do something similar once it makes landfall :)

• Like 1

Posted

Currently sat in Tothill services Mcdonalds mid way up the A34.

Hot as hell out but nothing to report other than the Mcflurry is dam good right now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Under a level 1 on estofex was under a level 2 a few weeks ago which failed to deliver due to excessive cloud cover again today going the same way 

Im not so sure today it's sunnier here than it was then and the humidity has gone through the roof.  It's cloudy but much warmer than that day for sure.

Posted
Just now, Joneseye said:

Let's hope the band of precip over the Irish Sea/SW Approaches can do something similar once it makes landfall :)

Hopefully :) 

Posted

Its not an entire miss for the risk of storms in south and central areas (if we take metoffice precip forecasts at 16:00 and wind convergence into account) still a chance (albeit small). 

What the metoffice precip charts did show is that band of rain in the irish sea heading towards wales fading to nothing by 16:00 .... hmmm will have to nowcast that, cant see it dissipating entirely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Looking promising to my southwest, southern pennines/Huddersfield direction. Don't know how the pic will turn out when uploaded but some well defined towers visible. 

20170706_133308.jpgEdit, click on pic to improve to resolution and you can see them! 

Edited by bazookabob
  • Like 1

Posted

If anything convection seems to be dieing back here. Wasn't expecting anything given that storms would have to fire mid wales/South Shrops to affect us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
6 minutes ago, P-M said:

Im not so sure today it's sunnier here than it was then and the humidity has gone through the roof.  It's cloudy but much warmer than that day for sure.

Not seeing any Sun in Darlington, and the temperature has not even reached 20 degrees yet currently 19.6c, it is Humid though which will probably make it feel warmer 

• Like 1