Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Looks like it's national flying ant day, lots of the buggers around.

didnt even get them when it was hotter a couple of weeks ago.

a good sign perhaps 

Posted
26 minutes ago, AL. said:

I'm in Swindon and haven't seen any?

Was in west Swindon, loads about. Now in the town centre and whilst none are flying, the nests look like they're starting to become lively so will probably be this evening or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not overly impressed with the NetWx SR either. There has been a lot of chopping & changing, so we'll have to wait and see!

viewimage.thumb.png.3f9980a9c22bbd5030499fb41e84a7c1.png 595d227808f7a_viewimage(1).thumb.png.99df2205d6611ad4b3c3884ae59cba44.png 595d2265151e4_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e598fcf377879f70f298d9d70ea33d9e.png 595d226cabd25_viewimage(3).thumb.png.82564f22422305fe3b2b9bbd01b3406e.png

• Like 1

Posted

GFS is starting the action early tomorrow am for us in the Northwest with 6am having a few showers breaking out before the fun and games gets underway at 3pm.

Posted

All models currently favouring the Midlands/Lincolnshire late afternoon, should be a fun rush hour 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Not overly impressed with the NetWx SR either. There has been a lot of chopping & changing, so we'll have to wait and see!

viewimage.thumb.png.3f9980a9c22bbd5030499fb41e84a7c1.png 595d227808f7a_viewimage(1).thumb.png.99df2205d6611ad4b3c3884ae59cba44.png 595d2265151e4_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e598fcf377879f70f298d9d70ea33d9e.png 595d226cabd25_viewimage(3).thumb.png.82564f22422305fe3b2b9bbd01b3406e.png

looks like the Kent storm tractor beam is on full power.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

So the first sniff in ages of a proper set of storms not going only over Kent and now within a decent forecasting time frame too and I'll be at work for it before it goes back to dry and boring for the weekend. I'm either on holiday (2 years ago the epic storm) or at work when these happen :wallbash:I give up- seems too much to ask for a storm in the evening/night after a hot day! For those that get to see the action- enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, James1979 said:

So the first sniff in ages of a proper set of storms not going only over Kent and now within a decent forecasting time frame too and I'll be at work for it before it goes back to dry and boring for the weekend. I'm either on holiday (2 years ago the epic storm) or at work when these happen :wallbash:I give up- seems too much to ask for a storm in the evening/night after a hot day! For those that get to see the action- enjoy!

Your time will come on Thursday evening.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Hirlam  also goes for an early south east to south midlands downpour  then a more organised area of precipitation spreading from South Wales across the midlands toward the north east . Interesting 

Posted

nice patches of mackerel sky appearing now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
8 minutes ago, poseidon said:

looks like the Kent storm tractor beam is on full power.

yep, lets hope the modelling is off, as at the moment as mentioned earlier, the outlook for tomorrow is pretty poor for SW/The West Country and a good chunk of southern England......'usual suspects' will grab the goodies if modelling is right :bad::cray:

still, here right now there are some interesting cloudscapes, some Cirrocumulus, Ac Floccus, and some Ac Cas thrown in for good measure

looking west

west.thumb.jpg.34a9df3c0f2b63cda150a6cd41c8d751.jpgwest1.thumb.jpg.4478041222d6a05da0b1def9c3ee0b67.jpg

looking south

south.thumb.jpg.f41929d9ec1b3193c4b998eccef9d191.jpgsouth1.thumb.jpg.97a5f77f19590ad43129dcab5eff656b.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Just looked outside. Not as much instability as I might have expected, but still quite a bit of cirrus around

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

GFS is starting the action early tomorrow am for us in the Northwest with 6am having a few showers breaking out before the fun and games gets underway at 3pm.

Euro 4 12z is poor though and have to say GFS overdid it last time and Euro 4 was closer to what happened.

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Euro 4 12z is poor though and have to say GFS overdid it last time and Euro 4 was closer to what happened.

Is it out yet? It won't let me see it on weather online 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Just looked outside. Not as much instability as I might have expected, but still quite a bit of cirrus around

Fair bit round here, few miles north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

12z high res AROME precpitation. You can see the two "waves" of storms being forecast. Barely grazes my area if at all but hopefully some people will do well from this, particularly the further East you are.

TmG4nazhUt.thumb.gif.78cdc0297acc87f622ffcfcf0732abb3.gif

Edited by Chris K

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris K said:

12z high res AROME precpitation. You can see the two "waves" of storms being forecast. Barely grazes my area if at all but hopefully some people will do well from this, particularly the further East you are.

Is there anyway of slowing down the graphic or have it hour-by-hour, it flies too fast to get a better idea on the timeline for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
1 minute ago, Chris K said:

TmG4nazhUt.thumb.gif.78cdc0297acc87f622ffcfcf0732abb3.gif

Pretty much nothing for our area then, its all north!!!

Gutted if this model is true:sorry:, there were suppose to be widespread storms across the south and southwest a few days ago.

Thank god I got a good distant light show in May otherwise I would be on suicide watch now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Here is Met Office's view on tomorrow:)

although Updated: 13:25 on Wed 5 Jul 2017 BST,i don't know when the next update is

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

checklist as follows

camera formatted and in-car charger:check

tripod:check

fuel tank full:check

drinks and snacks:check

no kids and partner yey:check:rofl:

• Like 4

Posted

At what point was widespread mentioned? Even the MetO's description was "isolated"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
4 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

KntWRJ9Yyj.thumb.gif.88bf9cd89ce9c117f03575b77d433e83.gif

• Like 4

Posted
45 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

All models currently favouring the Midlands/Lincolnshire late afternoon, should be a fun rush hour 

Not this part of the Midlands - I am fully expecting my 2017 TS drought to continue. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris K said:

KntWRJ9Yyj.thumb.gif.88bf9cd89ce9c117f03575b77d433e83.gif

Thank you!

According to this the main action for Manchester is between 1-2pm when I will be in a meeting. Hopefully things will happen a touch later.