Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Fair bit of lighting &thunder here as been for about half an hour another big flash already better than I thought we would get.:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Classic british weather.

This cam records to youtube. Yo can go back half an hour and the beach is full and the sun is out. Not the case now.

https://www.norfolklive.org/our-cameras/southwold-pier-hd/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
11 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

Typical that the storm cells seem to re-ignite or gain energy when they leave the british coast??

They entering the (now shifted) area of high CAPE and well-mixed air - the air that WE MADE! ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

They entering the (now shifted) area of high CAPE and well-mixed air - the air that WE MADE! ;)

Ah. well its still frustrating, why does mother nature seem to think we are generous and giving them the storms, me and her will have to have a chat as i want them back lol! seriously though CAPE and other indicators look good for next week.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Justin123 said:

Ah. well its still frustrating, why does mother nature seem to think we are generous and giving them the storms, me and her will have to have a chat as i want them back lol! seriously though CAPE and other indicators look good for next week.

Well I'm many-times-bitten and twice shy now after seeing the energy we made this week so I'll get my hopes up only if I see a trigger!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
10 minutes ago, Chris74 said:

Fair bit of lighting &thunder here as been for about half an hour another big flash already better than I thought we would get.:yahoo:

It's been rumbling for about 20 minutes here as it slowly got darker and darker, we've just had out first 'proper' lightning and thunder. ... and a second! It still hasn't started raining though- and that is what the garden desperately needs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Well I'm many-times-bitten and twice shy now after seeing the energy we made this week so I'll get my hopes up only if I see a trigger!

Ive been hoping and praying since tuesday, and today ive come so close bath i am a little to West in Essex and have had nothing, apart from a few CB AND CU. but its still very early and i think that we may have some massive storms this summer as we have already broke the books with 34c in june, the earliest highest temperature since 1977.

• Like 1

Posted

Can't believe how far that storm from the North sea has traveled now, guessing that's it for my area for a while as it's just cloud here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Thunderstorm here now, some very loud thunder and torrential rain.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

Ive been hoping and praying since tuesday, and today ive come so close bath i am a little to West in Essex and have had nothing, apart from a few CB AND CU. but its still very early and i think that we may have some massive storms this summer as we have already broke the books with 34c in june, the earliest highest temperature since 1977.

I know, it's looking promising but in recent years it seems we have more opportunities and less storms. Even if each opportunity gives a greater chance of severe storms it seems there is less of a chance we have the right individual factors in play.

fingers and face crossed for next week - I don't want to have to wait til September for a storm cos by then summer is gone!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights
22 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Same here my friend. We've had so much unbearable heat here in the SE for almost two weeks and no potential until today, and even then I've missed the whole bloody lot due to being at work in london! :wallbash:I'm now eagerly awaiting the next chance but I don't know when that will be. Have to keep an eye on the forecasts, but still taking things with a pinch of salt each time until I actually see stuff kick off.

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 1

Posted

False strike over Southampton?

Also I see the cold front destabilising to form cloud over north Wales on SAT24. Looks to be heading south-eastwards... was that the plan?

I'm clawing at straws that we might have a rumble or two this afternoon - before I have things to do LOL

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and sunshine
5 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

False strike over Southampton?

Also I see the cold front destabilising to form cloud over north Wales on SAT24. Looks to be heading south-eastwards... was that the plan?

I'm clawing at straws that we might have a rumble or two this afternoon - before I have things to do LOL

Destabilising into patchy drizzle by the looks of it. 

Posted

Why do storms always seem to intensify once they pass out into the North Sea? I've seen it happens so many times. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Some nice storms skirted past us this morning, dozens of deep rumbles and two faint flashes. Unfortunately a lot of low level cloud masking the view of the storm.

Looking at the gfs, a couple more chances for storms at the beginning of next week :)

Posted

The cold front across northern England does seem to be pepping up a bit now. Eagerly awaits for the first few lightning strikes to show.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.wetter.com/hd-live-webcams/deutschland/wolfsburg-stadt-wolfsburg/5344e12144266/

Wolfsburg next on the uk storms export list.  Adverts interupt the view every o often but I can cope with that.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Louthweather said:

The cold front across northern England does seem to be pepping up a bit now. Eagerly awaits for the first few lightning strikes to show.

A few hwavy bursts over me here in the Peak District but nothing else.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 minutes ago, Louthweather said:

LightningMaps is showing a strike.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

LightningMaps is showing a strike.

Looking hopeful. :)

• Like 1