Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I have just been speaking with a meteorologist in the US who works for Fox in Minnesota, he said he wasn't surprised as the GFS has been over cooking cape and li for a few weeks now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Now, if we could just get that lovely LP slap bang over the UK as shown on the 18 z here...

h500slp.png

.....There would be some lovely home grown afternoon thunderstorms, enhanced by CZ formation. The issue is we always see this at 6/7 days out then come the time the LP is shunted N and we're left with scattered light showers (as we saw happen a few weeks back). I miss the days of ripe storm days like shown in the chart above.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick Wall said:

I think we must of all done something real bad in a previous life to tease us like this

lol, typical really isn't it 

Posted

Sat24 showing subtle hints of convection around Manchester, nothing showing on the radar and it's likely too late for anything to materialise now anyway. Giving it until 2.30am then it's off to bed.

Posted

OK....so my post won't edit for me (at least it seems that way),but for Sbad Wordhope read "Sbad wordhorpe"!

Edited by Mark Walker

Posted

OK,clearly that's just making me look like I've been drinking something strong (wish I had!),lets just say there's activity around Hull!

• Like 1

Posted

Sferics inbound to Hull, small but sweet core with that cell that appeared in the past 20min.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mark Walker said:

OK,clearly that's just making me look like I've been drinking something strong (wish I had!),lets just say there's activity around Hull!

:D Pass me some of that would ya, need something to make me zonk out in this heat!

Seriously though, welcome to the forum and the madness of sitting up watching radars overnight. Blitzortung is showing those recent sferics approaching the Hull area with a nice little radar return, sadly it does look like that cell is off to join his mates in the North Sea *scowls*

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Despicable Weather said:

:D Pass me some of that would ya, need something to make me zonk out in this heat!

Seriously though, welcome to the forum and the madness of sitting up watching radars overnight. Blitzortung is showing those recent sferics approaching the Hull area with a nice little radar return, sadly it does look like that cell is off to join his mates in the North Sea *scowls*

Haha,thanks,think it was the forums way of telling me to go to bed!! Never again will I attempt to spell that place in North Lincs that begins with S and ends in E lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Walker said:

Haha,thanks,think it was the forums way of telling me to go to bed!! Never again will I attempt to spell that place in North Lincs that begins with S and ends in E lol

What was that place again?

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

Plenty of lightning in the North Sea, if anyone has a boat

Million jet packs on the west coast........ won't come to us, we'll go to it haha

Posted

Couldn't make this up another cell skips land and then decides to make its self known in the north sea behind the main Scottish cell earlier :rofl:

Posted

I think this screen grab says it all and time to get horizontal before any more rogue heat puts the kibosh on that pleasure too, g'night.

SolsticeHeatwaveStormJune2017.PNG

Posted
11 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Current precipitation charts look somewhat like Euro 4 charts for about the same time, just underestimating the rainfall further south. Got to say that is not good news as Euro 4, at least the 06z one, goes for virtually nothing, storm wise, away from that Scottish pulse.

Unfortunately Euro 4 was near the mark

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well certainly a bust forecast yesterday for storms overnight. Not enough heat and a front that was too weak. Not expecting anything today either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ooops morning forecast wrong already. Thunderstorms across the south east right now. Actually zippo and the same said for wales. I can see drizzle. Classic case of not having up to date information.