Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Dead duck here nothing really on the radar away from Scotland. Probably needed 3 or 4 degrees extra on the day temps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

West Scotland is taking a beating at the minute,had some interesting sky's a few moments ago and while everything is quiet at the mo ,i am going to get some tea.

DSC01414.thumb.JPG.28dfff88333cbf25bb9090bf59adc3ca.JPGDSC01416.thumb.JPG.d7bf980799cee70e053c0f9cf94b3672.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
37 minutes ago, Surrey said:

34c and a serious cap on down here in the melting south.. What a spell of weather one that will go down in history. But I'm still cautious on it going down in history for another reason aside the heat.. But we shull see what happens over night 

Incredible heat for June in england! I'm still hoping something isolated might be able to push through for the central/east southern parts later on. I mean with temps widely up in the low 30's from as far southwest as yeovil and bristol across the whole central south into the wider london area it's got to be putting some pressure that cap!
And some higher moisture may just start to drift in from the west at least, dew points in yeovil and north wyke stations at 21 degrees now RH 55 and 63% respectively. Feels oppressively hot here; more so than yesterday and that hit 30 officially; and the winds still light and steady from the sse? thought was meant to have swung round sw an hour ago. . Think it hit 32 officially up on the hill at middle wallop; local stations widely reporting 33-34 in salisbury itself, mine topped 34 for a while an hour, now reading 32.5 still. 
Still beautiful blue skies so just going to go bask in the last rays of heat before it goes! 

Edited by Rob Walker

Posted

Completely flat grey now E of Wakefield,waiting on the stuff coming from the west to see what happens later I think. No brightness at all and drizzle atm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
1 minute ago, Mark Walker said:

Completely flat grey now E of Wakefield,waiting on the stuff coming from the west to see what happens later I think. No brightness at all and drizzle atm.

Yea very disappointing now. Big blobs of rain and I haven't given up hope yet 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
10 minutes ago, poseidon said:

Just noticed this little feature appearing on satellite in the last few minutes....

sat.png

Can confirm in the form of altocumulus Cas. 

IMG_20170621_163928.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc
55 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

hope you get a storm or 2, and they find there way here, milky blue skies here but very warm.

Heya sparky hope u get 1 or 2 too :friends: milky skies here too but soo soo warm, reminds me of an august afternoon in Florida a couple of years back, can only hope it goes boom later like it did that day x hope your well x

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, poseidon said:

Just noticed this little feature appearing on satellite in the last few minutes....

sat.png

That *must* have North Kent's name on it. Please. Pretty please?

• Like 1

Posted

lol same as winter people quickly writing it off before it's even begun and in summer writing off chances of storms hours before anything is due!! :rofl: Some people just never learn and it is really irritating having to listen to.

Yeah theres some crud filling the sky, but we already have sufficient heating and dew points so no worries there. Regarding clear slots best for thunderstorm developements there currently looks one behind this bigcloud area over northern england/midlands.  We should start seeing storms breaking out over the irish sea, then pushing east and going Kaboom once they hit our hot island ! :bomb::bomb:

And to those in the south moaning, you was never going to see anything today/tonight anyways :nea:. Its our turn tonight :D

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

All quiet in the NE

4574567.thumb.png.de609e944733608d1808c8b69f54d181.png

Yes a very pleasant afternoon after the fun and games early on this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I can confirm the cloud in Mid Wales just touching the orange circle  is Accas

The humidity & smell of Hay is mmmmmmmm delicious

(taken just now)

20170621_170322.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Interesting sattellite - could that be mid level pva in front of a trough creating that arc if accas ? If so, this could be our cap breaker further south ... I live in hope!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and sunshine

Overcast grunge here and a few spots of rain. I thought Lincolnshire was a good place for storms but we haven't had a decent storm for years now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Cloudy here near Wakefield but very oppressive and big drops falling again. Anything could happen I feel

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowprincesspboro said:

Heya sparky hope u get 1 or 2 too :friends: milky skies here too but soo soo warm, reminds me of an august afternoon in Florida a couple of years back, can only hope it goes boom later like it did that day x hope your well x

all good here thanks, really enjoyed this hotter weather, would be great if it went out with a bang

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

We've got a couple of radar apps to test on both ios and android, just in time for some storm action, if anyone fancies helping us out :D

There are versions for both extra subscribers and non-subscribers, so if you're interested in beta testing them, please drop me a pm, or email through the site:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=contact;sess= 

Thanks for all the messages so far. We're ok for ios testers for the time being now, but any more Android folks, please pm or email. If you can let me know the email address you use for your google play account when you do, that'd be great. 

I'll stop being off topic in here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

You couldn't make it up - crud all day and yet now blaring sun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
6 minutes ago, Rob Walker said:

Interesting. Very interesting. It's cap prodding time!

Similar wafting about in Norfolk atm :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!
42 minutes ago, > mark said:

It looks as though LHR has now recorded 34oC making it the hottest summer solstice day for 41 years

2017-06-21 16_31_56-Clipboard.png

I got that wrong, its actually the hottest June day for 41 years and the hottest summer solstice day on record!!

• Like 3