Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Current conditions : 26c /14c dew point Sunny (except to the south of here) with a now noticeable NW breeze.

IMG_0023.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Sky looking Milky but sun managing to shine still, has been a good sign the past couple of years for storms later on, also with some quite large cumulus also forming now.

Posted

Hi @Sun & Tanned welcome to the community :)

There is a chance of storms in your area tomorrow by the looks of it. As you probably know, these things can be hit or miss, so no guarantees either way but definitely worth considering having someone on standby I'd have thought. 

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;ct=27249~Stokenchurch;sess=#forecast

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey 

Good to.see some decent jet level winds on the sattelite anims - lets hope.the cap goes hey. Also seems to be some sea breeze convergence over the sw, but not sure if this has enough to do it. Samos

Posted
19 minutes ago, Sun & Tanned said:

Hi there Everyone, I'm a first time poster but always keep up to date on severe weather with you guy's. 

Thank you for everything over the years.

I mean this as i am partially sighted and have a guide dog. I am a 41 year old and have been like this since I got acid at work in my eyes 16 years ago. I have a voice recognition system that can read me messages and allows me to post. 

However my question is this?

I live in the chilterns hills near to Stokenchurch and have just been given a new guide dog as my last one retired.

I have been told my new one does not like thunder and quivers and can become unresponsive. 

Would any of you nice folk be able to tell me if I am likely to experience any storms in this area in the next few days?

It's only if I am, I can arrange a trainer or relative to come and assist should he get too scared and try to train him into a relaxed state.

PS. Before you ask, people always say where does your dog poo! They never see a guide dog poo in the street! 

Well in my garden or when we have free time on a walk in the park with a relative on standby to pick up the mess is the answer! 

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Kindest Regards 

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you're getting the support you need.

At the moment, my interpretation is that some quite heavy thunderstorms could pop up anywhere in England over the next few days, however a lot of places won't see anything at all. In Stokenchurch, you are fairly out of the way of the highest probability areas. I know that's not very helpful, but there's a lot of uncertainty at the moment. 

A useful place to keep an eye on might be the Met Office's forecast for Stokenchurch, assuming they have an adapted version that you can read - their precipitation probabilities aren't bad at all, and it's safe to assume that in this environment, any suggestion of rain comes with an implied suggestion of thunder.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

The little shower over Mid Wales has gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Had a Haynado about half an hour ago.

The breeze picked up all of a sudden and it was raining dry grass for about 10 minutes, you could see the cloud of grass moving along and the canal became covered. It was probably a localised thermal anomaly. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hazy now, and has been for around an hour or so. Nothing much happening out Nottingham way (wind from that direction currently) but skies clearing to the north of me. Blooming hot though, 30.8c on the thermometer.

39 minutes ago, Davethedog said:

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you're getting the support you need.

At the moment, my interpretation is that some quite heavy thunderstorms could pop up anywhere in England over the next few days, however a lot of places won't see anything at all. In Stokenchurch, you are fairly out of the way of the highest probability areas. I know that's not very helpful, but there's a lot of uncertainty at the moment. 

A useful place to keep an eye on might be the Met Office's forecast for Stokenchurch, assuming they have an adapted version that you can read - their precipitation probabilities aren't bad at all, and it's safe to assume that in this environment, any suggestion of rain comes with an implied suggestion of thunder.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Good luck guys and girls who are looking forward to a good storm xx 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

29.6c clouds starting to darken and bubble up 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Towers starting to go up to my E/SE now,i think Lincolnshire would be the sweet spot at this minute in time but who knows:)

DSC01410.thumb.JPG.256d2441ad743c71791182929d5a6373.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Lots of high-alt cloud breaking off from the convergence line over Wales currently, covering Cheshire, Manchester, and the northern Peak District. Hoping this instability can tap into the CAPE and get things going.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Towers starting to go up to my E/SE now,i think Lincolnshire would be the sweet spot at this minute in time but who knows:)

DSC01410.thumb.JPG.256d2441ad743c71791182929d5a6373.JPG

You should see what it's like here, feels like something could be building up as the clouds are becoming a little darker in some spots

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

You should see what it's like here, feels like something could be building up as the clouds are becoming a little darker in some spots

Any pics Tom:D

sorry,just seen your ^ post.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

5 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Here's a few more lol

S1590017.JPG

S1590018.JPG

Posted

There is a cell that's just broke out NE england/scottish border.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

mid wales again.....looks quite a pokey little number, gone to moderate to heavy ppn in 10 minutes

• Like 1