Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 31st May 2017 onwards

Posted

Plenty of convection here/Cu been building, slight breeze. Be interesting to see if anything happens later.

• Like 2

Posted

weather apps on phone say scattered thunderstorms here at 7pm until 11pm which is more then it's ever showed thunderwise before so I'm going to stay hopefully and just hope for the best..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Interesting skies here. Crystal clear blue to the east, but a lot of convection off to the west. Think I'm going to be too far East for storms today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
30 minutes ago, Delka said:

weather apps on phone say scattered thunderstorms here at 7pm until 11pm which is more then it's ever showed thunderwise before so I'm going to stay hopefully and just hope for the best..

Was in Hunstanton yesterday delka. My god it was hot. No breeze at all, and sitting on the green with some chips from fishers chip shop! Perfect. I imagine it's similar today.

I'm expecting one or two storms to possibly break out within east Anglia somewhere. As ever, the devil is in the detail! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Zippo on the radar. Local forecast has storms for us tomorrow but I think that's a no no to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Was in Hunstanton yesterday delka. My god it was hot. No breeze at all, and sitting on the green with some chips from fishers chip shop! Perfect. I imagine it's similar today.

I'm expecting one or two storms to possibly break out within east Anglia somewhere. As ever, the devil is in the detail! 

It must be a trait of us Brits, EES?? I remember spending an entire day, in 80 degree temps on a beach (it might have been Brighton?) and I still cannae remember how many portions of fish & chips I got through!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Zippo on the radar.

So the NW radar can now pick up airborne cigarette lighters? Anaprop?:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
1 hour ago, MrNooo said:

Plenty of convection here/Cu been building, slight breeze. Be interesting to see if anything happens later.

I'm in the next village (south cerney)! Yep plenty of Cu bubbling up. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It must be a trait of us Brits, EES?? I remember spending an entire day, in 80 degree temps on a beach (it might have been Brighton?) and I still cannae remember how many portions of fish & chips I got through!:D

Aye, ye can't beat a good fish and chips by the sea! :D

currently have lots of mid level Cu looking as if they are getting a slight build to them in the last 10 minutes. Small convergence zone beginning to set up over Lincs too? Xc weather would suggest so.. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, samadamsuk said:

I'm in the next village (south cerney)! Yep plenty of Cu bubbling up. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully we'll see something, bit dissapointing how after all this heat; it doesn't appear to end with the classic thundery breakdown, hopefully more chances later this summer perhaps if we get days like this again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
43 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Hopefully we'll see something, bit dissapointing how after all this heat; it doesn't appear to end with the classic thundery breakdown, hopefully more chances later this summer perhaps if we get days like this again

The ridging has been all wrong for classic thundery outbreaks thus far. I haven't had thunder since last year. Basically we've had heat but nothing to show for it thus far. This is because of the way we are seeing perpetual ridging of the Azores HP rather than a low pressure system halted to our W with HP to our E. We're in a classic summer '76 pattern at the moment...hot and dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Metoffice have just updated going for thunderstorm at 1800 at Northolt (closest wx station)

Cant see it myself...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

As you said it was a very hot day here yesterday, doesn't get much hotter here on the coast especially on a weekend! Equally as good today, just like yesterday a bit of cloud bubbling up this evening but might be the start of something tonight unlike yesterday.. another hot day tomorrow is forecast before a bit of relief before what looks to be a brief pump of heat at the end of the week, great start of summer for the tourism around here!

and chips-wise, fishers are my second favourite in town, if you're up again anytime soon there's a place in the car park next to the fair called Sally's which the locals love even more, open every day but Monday and Tuesday currently 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Delka said:

As you said it was a very hot day here yesterday, doesn't get much hotter here on the coast especially on a weekend! Equally as good today, just like yesterday a bit of cloud bubbling up this evening but might be the start of something tonight unlike yesterday.. another hot day tomorrow is forecast before a bit of relief before what looks to be a brief pump of heat at the end of the week, great start of summer for the tourism around here!

and chips-wise, fishers are my second favourite in town, if you're up again anytime soon there's a place in the car park next to the fair called Sally's which the locals love even more, open every day but Monday and Tuesday currently 

Cheers! I'll take your word for it mate. 

Definite weakening of the cap here, cumulus have a real upward motion to them all of a sudden. 

image.jpeg

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
3 hours ago, Delka said:

I think Thursday may give us a bit of excitement Derry

• Like 1

Posted

All cloud has disappeared. Think I'm going to go ahead and call a bust. 

Whatever does or doesn't happen though, I'm too bloomin' hot!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Cheers! I'll take your word for it mate. 

Definite weakening of the cap here, cumulus have a real upward motion to them all of a sudden. 

This is what it's like here atm in Skellingthorpe, Lincoln

S1580017.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Sat24 showing a line of cumulus clouds developing around Marham and Humberside, ties in exactly where the convergence is showing on Xcweather,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Was on the coast yesterday at Wells next to Sea and felt roasting hot with hardly a breeze. And yes many fish and chips were consumed here too!

IMG_0632.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Absolutely swealtering here with clear skies all day. Have a huge miagraine which I'm sure the heat has contributed to. So hot, literally can't do anything as it drains all your energy. Theres no breeze, nothing. HATE it. :angry: I think wishing for any storms round here today was optomistic at best, although the end part of next week sounds like it has some potential at this stage so will be keeping an eye on it.

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 2

Posted

I feel you, Windblade. Window wide open, blinds closed, fan on full blast and my room is still too hot. Really dreading school tomorrow just because it's going to be absolutely sweltering. The quicker this heat goes, the better.