Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormchase 2017 - Chase Day 19 - Mod Risk

Paul Sherman

Posted

Moderate Risk today across too many states to mention. Explosive updraught development likely and 5000-6000 of cape - Numerous risk areas and still not refined it yet. 

Good luck all who venture out and watch out for the Giant Hail

Posted

Plenty of cape to play with in eastern OK. Not sure where you are in relation to this, could be a long drive?

Some interesting DP's around in OK today!

GEOS 16 shows a nice area of development heading into OK today.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all,

Where are the team right now, are they in DFW as the page shows ?

Looks like a good night coming! - A fair few surface obs of 75+ dew points out there - mesoscale pages showing cape 6000+ moving in to NE Oklahoma - my take is that the most promising low level windfields will move in to mo in the next few hours, with major convergence right now over far NE OK - Tulsa area looks good as per the meso discussion.

Would be good to hear your plans Paul if you are able to post - good luck out there! :)

Samos

Posted

Currently North of Tulsa at the moment, incredible power in the Atmosphere today, nearly go time!

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Currently North of Tulsa at the moment, incredible power in the Atmosphere today, nearly go time!

Awesome ... enjoy!!!!

Posted

I hope it stops back building as the reception in NE OK is terrible! plus helecity drops off sharply to the west -

is it just me about tonight lol ?

Samos

Posted
4 minutes ago, samadamsuk said:

I hope it stops back building as the reception in NE OK is terrible! plus helecity drops off sharply to the west -

is it just me about tonight lol ?

Samos

I've just found this year that the stream never seems to be working when I look. It's hard to get involved without it.

Posted
Just now, davehsug said:

I've just found this year that the stream never seems to be working when I look. It's hard to get involved without it.

Ah fair enough. I'd be teaching you to suck eggs mentioning there's a site full of chasers you can stream - your already aware of that I'm sure. Yeah - real pity about the NW stream - I'd pay a subscription to watch and get behind our uk guys -

Posted
1 minute ago, samadamsuk said:

Ah fair enough. I'd be teaching you to suck eggs mentioning there's a site full of chasers you can stream - your already aware of that I'm sure. Yeah - real pity about the NW stream - I'd pay a subscription to watch and get behind our uk guys -

Yes, I know about them & used them occasionally, but as you say, it's the NW community connection thing.

Posted

Mad day in a really soupy atmosphere. Highballed from Hays, KS and tried to keep up with the Missouri stuff until Springfield, then noticed MDS for NE OK just as explosive development started. Stayed with a few cells dropping decent wall clouds and now in Tulsa with a lightning show. 

We are in Arkansas tomorrow as we'll chase anything!

Posted

It's all about the chase ;-) I'm currently sat at Heathrow waiting to drop my bags off as thankfully British airways haven't cancelled my flight and I've managed to check in :-) first stop Los Angeles for a couple of days then onto Dallas for tour 3! Excited much, nervous much too :-)

Posted
4 hours ago, James 'Jamie C' Croucher said:

It's all about the chase ;-) I'm currently sat at Heathrow waiting to drop my bags off as thankfully British airways haven't cancelled my flight and I've managed to check in :-) first stop Los Angeles for a couple of days then onto Dallas for tour 3! Excited much, nervous much too :-)

Glad to see there's a Dorset presence again, I had it covered last year. Enjoy...just watch out for the initiation Paul makes newbies succumb to!

• Like 1