Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormchase 2017 - Chase Day 18 - Slight Risk CO/KS

Paul Sherman

Posted

Rinse and Repeat from yesterday, Storms should fire around 21z and roll towards the Kansas and Colorado Border, hoping to keep away from the Hail today!

Posted

The last few runs have developed cells in SE CO - HRRR quite bullish with this - but I'm not tempted. Sig tor/SRH better along the I70 as the LLJ cranks up later. Also I prefer boundaries to surface low stuff, and dps just north of a draped occluded/dryline boundary hit low 50s by 21Z.

We're camped in Goodland and will be shifting west to Limon for lunch, gas and check on surface conditions. Whatever happens today we're committed to an evening drive SE for tomorrow's likely MDT risk.

Is your GPS not working this year Paul?

Posted

I'd be tempted in that sort of area, but prob not so far west. Burlington again leaves good road access all the way around.

Posted

God knows whats happening with the streaming this year Neil, having major tech issues with everything this year. Its been a bit of a nightmare tbh

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

God knows whats happening with the streaming this year Neil, having major tech issues with everything this year. Its been a bit of a nightmare tbh

And WE know how you LOVE techie issues.....!

Posted

Going W towards Limon on the I70. AgCu field to the west in Denver area. Already deep enough to show on radar. Pretty much spot on with the 15Z HRRR. Northern target likely not a bad choice today. Subtle boundary also evident draped to our north going east shown by sirrus line. Game on. 

Posted

Top 10 Structure today for me, some Colorado Magic followed by Kansas Motherships! Followed Storm from Rain shower to Rampaging Supercell for 9 hours!

Posted
11 hours ago, nsrobins said:

Going W towards Limon on the I70. AgCu field to the west in Denver area. Already deep enough to show on radar. Pretty much spot on with the 15Z HRRR.

HRRR played a blinder today and bullseyed the cell of the day. Everything but a tornado and an attack of the killer tumbleweed in the outflow near Joes. Also several 'dust ups' as Zoe called them. Great day. Legged it east to Hays to be in range for far SE Kansas by 2pm tomorrow.

Edited by nsrobins

Posted
12 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Top 10 Structure today for me, some Colorado Magic followed by Kansas Motherships! Followed Storm from Rain shower to Rampaging Supercell for 9 hours!

You just love Colorado magic, don't you??