Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury 2017, 21-25 June

J10

I'd happily sign off on this now. Even worst case thunderstorm with 15mm rain on the Tuesday, temperatures will ensure that the site recovers very quickly. 

This is basically a scorcher in Glastonbury terms. More suncream use than welly use imo. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Been on the west camper site since 8 this morning, the heat is stifling to say the least, shade gives no great comfort! 

Edited by snow fest
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J10 said:

Final Forecast now up.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=8245;sess=

Please feel free to comment on conditions either here or tweet to Net Weather.

Have a good one everyone.

https://twitter.com/netweather?lang=en

Thanks for all the updates. Enjoy this thread every year, and even the years I don't end up with a ticket! Looking forward to this one though after a few years of missing out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This must be one of the driest Glastonbury festivals in a long time the fields still look to be holding up well

No festival next year but it's back in 2019

59 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

This must be one of the driest Glastonbury festivals in a long time the fields still look to be holding up well

:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

never been interested in this, but looked up why, to give the ground a rest, every 4-5 years

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
54 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

never been interested in this, but looked up why, to give the ground a rest, every 4-5 years

Every 6 years the take a 1 year break the last was 2012

That was a solid 8 on the mudbath-dustbowl-o-meter. Don't remember a dustier one. 

Would happily take that weather every year if offered tho. As close to perfect conditions as what Glastonbury ever gives us. 

• Like 1

Posted

It rained a couple of times but was light and mostly just drizzle. I think this was on the Saturday and Sunday morning (not sure if it rained during the early hours at any point though). No mud at all. Other than being a bit windy at times and ridiculously hot on the Wednesday, this year was a perfect weather year for me.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Posted
16 hours ago, J10 said:

It looks that 2018 would have seen the best weather for the Glastonbury festival in recent years. (Assuming 20-24 June)

Naturally!

Although last year was scorching in the week leading up to the festival. We handed out litres of sun cream to crew from the welfare tent. It would be tough to cope with a whole festival at today's temperatures. (Basically I'm trying to talk myself out of being utterly gutted.)

Edited by deadstillstanding
  • Like 1

Posted
19 hours ago, J10 said:

It looks that 2018 would have seen the best weather for the Glastonbury festival in recent years. (Assuming 20-24 June)

I used to respect and even admire you, and now this. Breaks my heart