Sign in to follow this  
nsrobins

Stormchase 2017 Chase Day 8 - ENC risk TX/W OK

If I may be obliged I'll start this one for today's likely severe threat - the highest risk so far of classic DL activity.

RAP places over 4K of CAPE under a lid which will break around 23Z as the sharp DL bulges into the E TX panhandle. Combination of soundings (impressive shear) and composite radar puts me around Memphis to Headley, TX for the coffee stop and check of conditions.

Edited by nsrobins

3 hours ago, nsrobins said:

If I may be obliged I'll start this one for today's likely severe threat - the highest risk so far of classic DL activity.

RAP places over 4K of CAPE under a lid which will break around 23Z as the sharp DL bulges into the E TX panhandle. Combination of soundings (impressive shear) and composite radar puts me around Memphis to Headley, TX for the coffee stop and check of conditions.

Good starting point, I have a feeling I would kick off the day somewhere between Shamrock & Canadian, along route 80..

Edited by Dorsetbred

1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Good starting point, I have a feeling I would kick off the day somewhere between Shamrock & Canadian, along route 80..

Canadian is good - The Old Cattle Exchange serves as good a pepper steak as you'll likely to get this side of Amarillo :)

Sounding for Canadian 00Z Weds. Serious helicity just east of DL in 70+ dps.

IMG_1091.PNG

Hey all. Thanks Neil for starting, hope all's well.  Interested to see if that is a cell popping near Groom there, on the N of the dryline bulge - winds backing there at the surface. Helicity looks tastyall over in a couple of hours -going to be an interesting night! Good luck team

Thanks Paul -

Looks like they've resisted the temptation to go north - there's a 30kft echo top just west of Groom on the KAMA radar, with what looks like cells popping up to their SW. Hard to tell if these are real signals though...

Yeah nice nader - didn't last too long! That southern storm is looking healthy and looks like it'll scupper the TN threat on the cell that just dropped.

1 minute ago, samadamsuk said:

Yeah nice nader - didn't last too long! That southern storm is looking healthy and looks like it'll scupper the TN threat on the cell that just dropped.

yes,T-warned now,heard david baxter was heading for that one.

Ah yeah - see him. Derrick Ginter and Dwayne Kear are tracking along just south of it according to grl3 - both on SS (I would watch NW of courseQ, but the stream hasn't been up most of the night for me)

Ah yeah - see him. Derrick Ginter and Dwayne Kear are tracking along just south of it according to grl3 - both on SS (I would watch NW of courseQ, but the stream hasn't been up most of the night for me)

yep,tried the stream,no success here either.

Edited by Allseasons-si

latest meso discussion is saying that srh will go from 150 m2/s2 to 350 between 22-00Z. Meso-analysis pages don't show anything special (approx. 75 m2/s2) but then I don't know how accurate these are. Anywayhoo - an EF3+ predicted for this batch of storms according to the SPC - I better get the coffee on!

anyone else seeing the amount of chaser icons on grlevel3? I've never seen half that many before!

Edited by samadamsuk
spelling

anyone else seeing the amount of char icons on grlevel3? I've never seen half that many before!

Could you elaborate Sam,not good with theese .

Just now, Allseasons-si said:

Could you elaborate Sam,not good with theese .

sure - no probs - I've got the GRLevel3 Radar, and added a script to it that loads in the GPS position of all chasers, so they pop up in position with info on each. Those two storms are swarming with them! I'll try and post a screenshot -

Samos

sure - no probs - I've got the GRLevel3 Radar, and added a script to it that loads in the GPS position of all chasers, so they pop up in position with info on each. Those two storms are swarming with them! I'll try and post a screenshot -

Samos

Thanks Sam

BEN JURKOVICH has some seriously unstable cloud formations just ripe for dropping