Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
7 minutes ago, James 'Jamie C' Croucher said:

Get in at midday on 30th.....

IMG_1093.PNG

OK well you will get in a couple of ours before us.  You will need to find some way of contacting the Best Western. They do not have a phone contact in arrivals. Will you ave a mobile with which you can contact them on?  

Posted
6 minutes ago, Tom Lynch said:

OK well you will get in a couple of ours before us.  You will need to find some way of contacting the Best Western. They do not have a phone contact in arrivals. Will you ave a mobile with which you can contact them on?  

I've booked a room at best western, I will have my mobile phone with me

Posted
18 minutes ago, James 'Jamie C' Croucher said:

I've booked a room at best western, I will have my mobile phone with me

if you can use it in the  states i will get the Best Western number for you.  you will need to phone It to request their bus. 

TOM 

Posted

As the countdown to tour 3 begins I throw my two pairs of boxer shorts into my case, Oh I am going for a bit longer this time , so make it 3 pair of boxer shorts. Its a bit like the Chelsea squad.I use the rotational method  :-)   

I also start  looking out west towards the Pacific because when a butterfly flaps its wings in Japan it causes a storm in the USA. 

Tom 

Waiting in wings.gif

• Like 1

Hi lads!

I just discovered this forum...im arriving from LA on 30th and stsying at the best western. I'm from London but been away travelling since November last year.

Looking forward to meeting u all. I arrive about 5pm

Edited by Davidb

On 5/20/2017 at 05:56, James 'Jamie C' Croucher said:

See you all there then!! I think I hit Fort Worth about 3pmish from my morning flight from Los Angeles..... have to all meet up for steak and a beer or something?

We might be on the same flight. I fly with spirit airlines get there at 3 something

• Like 1

Been panicking the last couple of days what with the BA issues, only flying in on the 31st, but seems to be getting back to normal, fingers crossed, been a long wait.

looking forward to catching up with you all.

Maybe I've not looked through enough posts, but can anyone recommend any good iOS apps for tracking storms?

Thanks, Steve

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Davidb said:

Drop me a message on Facebook David Ostrowski can join u for a drink. My phone ain't worked since I left the uk

Just added you dude! I'm staying at century inn at the moment and there is a best western down the road... hoping to get to griffin observatory later to do some photos at sundown, and no I don't mind being on YouTube! Let's hope we get some stunning storms for it :-)

• Like 1

Posted

Well it has been a slightly fraught day between BAs cancelled flights and damaged overhead power lines which caused the cancellation of the trains as well. A huge thank you to my wife for driving me to Preston to catch the train.  However I am currently sat at a hotel near Manchester airport , fingers crossed that my early morning flight will go as planned.

Alarm is set for 3am so prepared to see if a lift to Heathrow is required.

Watch this space.

Tom

• Like 1

Posted

Well hope everyone managed to get it sorted, I was lucky as ba pulled through on every step for me, even in light of the disaster, feel for those not so lucky!! Currently sat on a plane in Los Angeles awaiting take off to get to Dallas for midday! My contact number is +447912137703.... also, if anyone needs them I have a few t-mobile sims with unlimited data and calls on (my friend is Los Angeles worked for them)... they may or may not work but they should as they are 'special' sims ;-) (handy if your phones unlocked unlike mine so I cannot use them!

Posted

Up at 5am  sleep not happening and brain kicked into gear. So hot black coffee is being sipped. However, when I went to be we were staying here in Irving for another night so not a huge lot of driving to do today and so it shouldn't be a challenging day - famous last words.

Yesterday evening we walked down to a sports bar down the road Aspen Creek - I had salad with my starter which I decided to have for my main course. There was so much salad it came in a wheel barrow. The starter that I have for my main course was quasidelias or something like that - I had to bring quarter of it away because it was a huge plate full. 

After a brief walk around Walmart looking for a sim card for my phone and for the others to get a few items we came back to the motel.  

Not sure where the team ended up. I might check later.

Today is change over day so there will be a lot of shuttling and room changing as tour starts to kick in

My room is ok I turn the AC off but regretted it when I woke up boiling hot.

I have now also be reunited with my reading glasses. It was pretty hard filling in the form on the plane. I think I got it right but with out glasses it wasn't easy.. Customs man didn't even look at it.

Hopefully photo of Newfoundland from the plane

Tom

DSC00612.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Paul put some nice photos from yesterday on FB   don't think he would mind me sharing it with the class

I think it was somewhere on the Kansas border

Tom

Pauls T2 last day.jpg

Edited by Tom Lynch
  • Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Tom Lynch said:

I have now also be reunited with my reading glasses. It was pretty hard filling in the form on the plane. I think I got it right but with out glasses it wasn't easy.. Customs man didn't even look at it.

Hopefully photo of Newfoundland from the plane

Tom

DSC00612.JPG

Tom, how did you know it was Newfoundland, how did you read the name without your glasses?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

To be honest Quentin , I have not got a clue where it is I just took a stab in the dark so to speak

Tom

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tom Lynch said:

To be honest Quentin , I have not got a clue where it is I just took a stab in the dark so to speak

Tom

Remember Tom, the people on the tour are "guests" so don't go doing too many "stabs in the dark"...

Enjoy, are doing 1 or 2 tours?

Posted

I am tour 3 and 4 this year. The first time that I have done T4 so interesting for me.

Tom

Posted
1 minute ago, Tom Lynch said:

I am tour 3 and 4 this year. The first time that I have done T4 so interesting for me.

Tom

Enjoy, I love High Plains chasing, just try to avoid trekking in to Canada, we were almost there last year.. Something new, so here's hoping the Denver Cyclone kicks in for you..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

At the moment there is the potential for a Denver Cyclone which if correct could make life very interesting for a few days

Tom

GFS_3_2017053106_F162_WSPD_300_MB.png