What age do you think you will live to?

Well on both sides of my family they have tended to live to about late 80's so I guess if I keep healthy & not be involved in a freak accident I should live until around that age too. So in that case I have around 20 years left, but who knows what new "life extension" drugs may come out in 20 years. I might add another 5 or 10 years onto my life. Medical science is moving fast all the time. At the moment we cannot completely stop ageing but we are finding ways to slow it down considerably & the genes involved.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

I hope to live long enough to see you to post in the weather threads. Somehow, I think I'll be pushing up daisies before then!

Given the forthcoming, very bleak, political landscape, I feel very strongly that any estimates should be very conservative in nature. We could even possible emulate a hundred years ago when many councils, including Cornwall, voted for a voluntary euthanasia programme.

Edited by knocker

I hope to live to 100 myself when i can be cryogenically frozen until such time they can cure aging. 

I suppose though that if i could die on another planet (outside our solar system) i would consider that a sufficiently breathtaking achievement that i'd be happy to accept death.

10 hours ago, knocker said:

Given the forthcoming, very bleak, political landscape, I feel very strongly that any estimates should be very conservative in nature. We could even possible emulate a hundred years ago when many councils, including Cornwall, voted for a voluntary euthanasia programme.

Geesh knocker...

A world record would be nice, so 147 will give me another century and a bit. It will have to come with provisions. Most of my senses would have to be intact ( reasonable eyesight would be nice ), minimal physical pain, mobile enough to do the very basics, and brain functions. I would like a nice big tree outside my window to hear and see the birds and have some connection to nature. In a few decades virtual reality headsets will be cheap and come with a lot of programs so stimulation of thought and enjoyment would be right on tap. If this doesn't all work out then a quick departure via a freak weather event would be good, I'll go for lightning. 

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I would like to live long enough to see Spurs win the League Title. So, I guess, immortality is my ultimate aim?:D

6 more players and a spine and you should win it before 2089:good:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, interested & confused said:

Don't know what age I'd like to get to, but I'd rather die early than struggle on in pain for years.

My mum lived to 82, wonder if I'll make that?

I'd rather go than live with horrible illnesses

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Should Jeremy *unt stay in charge of the NHS, your wish might be well be granted?:good:

I'm sure that's his policy, get rid of everyone young, less burden on the NHS:shok:

i went on a cpl of those when will i die websites...one said i will die aged 63...wtf? and another i will die on my wife's birthday aged 69...69 is always a good number to go out on :drunk-emoji:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i went on a cpl of those when will i die websites...one said i will die aged 63...wtf? and another i will die on my wife's birthday aged 69...69 is always a good number to go out on :drunk-emoji:

At least you weren't told you'd kark it in 1992! That was, btw, in 2006!:hi:

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Larger than average Hobo said:

I hope to live long enough to tell the climate change skeptics "I told you so, but you wouldn't listen". Just before their houses are submerged and their food supply is cut off.

My Nan is 92 and she knows real winters, not half hearted ones of 90's

• 4 weeks later...

I had cancer last year at 42 but thankfully it was caught early and I'm now all clear. I have a different perspective on life now but definitely don't want to live to a really old age if I'm in constant pain or have loads of trouble looking after myself.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, slb97 said:

I had cancer last year at 42 but thankfully it was caught early and I'm now all clear. I have a different perspective on life now but definitely don't want to live to a really old age if I'm in constant pain or have loads of trouble looking after myself.

My Nan did at 73, she is 92 now!

• Like 1