• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Browse the regional threads. Everyone’s noticed the adjustment!   GAME ON

HOLY super duper ITS TURNED TO HEAVY SNOW

If I can put my twopenneth in? The Welsh thread might as well be the South Welsh thread..completely monopolised by people from Cardiff, Swansea and the Valleys. Places over 4 hours drive away from me.

Posted Images

Well if you class Wrexham as North West then i'll post this in here i guess... still going strong here been snowing for the last 10-15 minutes some pretty big blobs out there now and been pretty gusty at times so it looks like a blizzard half the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Well if you class Wrexham as North West then i'll post this in here i guess... still going strong here been snowing for the last 10-15 minutes some pretty big blobs out there now and been pretty gusty at times so it looks like a blizzard half the time.

You're no Taffy that's for sure. You're a Gog (for the benefit of the North West England guys, translates basically as Northerner) You're spitting distance from the border, so you're better off posting in the near neighbours thread than in the thread populated by them lot way on down South.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Bury88 said:

Won't believe any of the warnings / forecasts until I see it falling from the sky and settling on the ground after last nights spectacular fail.

Rather pitiful wasn't it. Onwards and upwards 

2 minutes ago, swainclubber said:

Rather pitiful wasn't it. Onwards and upwards 

Indeed, forecast for last night was 2-5 cm, we got zero. Met office have now said 10cm for Sunday. I'll take that as we will get 1/2cm at best.

IMG_0017.PNG

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bury88 said:

Indeed, forecast for last night was 2-5 cm, we got zero. Met office have now said 10cm for Sunday. I'll take that as we will get 1/2cm at best.

IMG_0017.PNG

Sounds about right. Got a few mm here. Even rained late on!!!

Some good news from the first of the afternoon models, the mighty ICON has Sunday's low in a perfect position for us!

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/icone_cartes.php?&ech=45&mode=0&map=0&archive=0

Don't get too excited though as it has been persistently with one of the most northern tracks compared to most other models. At least it is showing consistency with the earlier run.

1 hour ago, karyo said:

It will be very brief but better than dry.

Not expecting anything this far inland. There is too much of a northerly component and broken cloud. Draw a line From Blackpool to Birmingham and those on it and to the west of it are good to go. Those on the east.. Dry and bitter. 

This mornings Snow hasn't melted in the slightest here so I won't complain :)

Turned to proper snowflakes on the back edge of that shower. Dropped the temp to 1.3°C. If we can get a prolonged period of precipitation then we can get a covering.

Edited by Chris.R