• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Browse the regional threads. Everyone’s noticed the adjustment!   GAME ON

HOLY super duper ITS TURNED TO HEAVY SNOW

If I can put my twopenneth in? The Welsh thread might as well be the South Welsh thread..completely monopolised by people from Cardiff, Swansea and the Valleys. Places over 4 hours drive away from me.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

OMG amber warning!!!

Surely this cant be right all the output has shifted the precip south on the 00z runs..

what gives here???

I am puzzled too! They must be relying on the ICON model! :D

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, frosty ground said:

Mod thread getting giddy at large scale model output...... Keep an eye on the Apps now as they will change.

surely we cant go from amber to nothing in 2 days?

Id be happy with 5cm after last nights debacle-have you got lying snow FG

2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Well snows not melted here...it’s frozen up in actual fact a skating rink... oh well drive through the peaks to Ashbourne I go...

Horrendous how icy it is outside today, pretty sure I could actually go into town on a pair of ice rink skating boots if I had them. Forecast to stay below freezing overnight; so any snow will be a relief to be honest as it'll make going out safer, hate to think how many old biddies have broken a leg or an arm today

1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

Horrendous how icy it is outside today, pretty sure I could actually go into town on a pair of ice rink skating boots if I had them. Forecast to stay below freezing overnight; so any snow will be a relief to be honest as it'll make going out safer, hate to think how many old biddies have broken a leg or an arm today

Indeed.... think there will be a few on crutches in the next few days.... 

The updated euro4 shows some snow for the southern parts of our region. The balk of the heavy snow is in Wales and the Mids. Rainshadow for Greater Manchester.

The elongated low needs to be slightly further north.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

• Like 1
Just now, karyo said:

The updated euro4 shows some snow for the southern parts of our region. The balk of the heavy snow is in Wales and the Mids. Rainshadow for Greater Manchester.

The elongated low needs to be slightly further north.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Next couple of updates of euro and nae will give better idea as currently only goes to 6am Sunday....

1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

Next couple of updates of euro and nae will give better idea as currently only goes to 6am Sunday....

Yes, the afternoon models will make interesting viewing.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

surely we cant go from amber to nothing in 2 days?

Id be happy with 5cm after last nights debacle-have you got lying snow FG

Had a dusting when i left this morning... Temps expected to stay around zero all day....

17120912_0806.gif

Saturday is looking very interesting all of a sudden, as the winds back more westerly before the Low arrives

Met Office App has heavy snow for tomorrow, from bone dry yesterday.

• Like 1