Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temperature has been going up and down like mad this evening as the wind varies between on and off shore. A rapid drop has occurred recently however; now 2.1°C. We have a ground frost anyway, grass temperature currently -0.6°C. 

Posted

-1.4'c in Buxton already and the night is still young, i'm expecting to wake up for just before sunrise in the morning (despite this cold i've got) and having a wander around town with the DSLR camera for some frost/ice pics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

3.1C and steady

Posted

Frigid here 0c expecting sub zero by early hours.  The added factor of wind chill tomorrow will make it feel mid winter instead of last day of autumn.  Next week's fabled northerly still proving problematic to pin-down.  Direct hit or glancing blow?.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Went down to 1.6°C, now back up to 2.8°C. Very frustrating. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Minimum will most likely have bottomed out at +2.5C making it the coldest night of the season (whoopee). Currently 4.1C and rising 

Edited by SP1986

Posted

As I feared, the temp remained steady around 3°C for the rest of the night, so the minimum was 1.6°C before midnight. Looks like no air frosts this autumn which is quite unusual even for here. 

Coldest night for me was 0.1°C on the 13th. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Just had my first snow flurry of the Winter. Not bad considering its only Nov 30th. Temp is currently 0.9 c

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

As I feared, the temp remained steady around 3°C for the rest of the night, so the minimum was 1.6°C before midnight. Looks like no air frosts this autumn which is quite unusual even for here. 

Seems to be that while it is cold it's getting difficult to find any extremes in the past 5-6 years. (Extreme being anything below the normal expected winter absolute minimum -which here is -3C on the medium term average)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 minutes ago, craigore said:

Just had my first snow flurry of the Winter. Not bad considering its only Nov 30th. Temp is currently 0.9 c

Are you not in the wrong thread?

We don' get snow in NW England

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Perishingly cold this morning- perhaps the small chance of a snow shower in the far east of the region then a steady rise in temps from tomorrow onwards..

Unfortunately next weeks northerly is off, and the way the models are looking from my point of view it going to get very unsettled and wet -  and gawd knows how long that will last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Perishingly cold this morning- perhaps the small chance of a snow shower in the far east of the region then a steady rise in temps from tomorrow onwards..

Unfortunately next weeks northerly is off, and the way the models are looking from my point of view it going to get very unsettled and wet -  and gawd knows how long that will last.

Seriously giving up on the models - in the past I have used them for the Cumbrian mountaineering excursions - It's just getting a waste of time tbh  - Yesterday for example (and it's not the first time) it looked like a half decent Northerly was on the cards next week -  today a possible raging Atlantic - wife says "just look out of the window" - she may be right - if people are keen on pouring hors over seemingly endless feeds of data and it gives them a buzz fair do but I am beginning to think it is all one big waste of time

Computers eh?

Posted
1 minute ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Seriously giving up on the models - in the past I have used them for the Cumbrian mountaineering excursions - It's just getting a waste of time tbh  - Yesterday for example (and it's not the first time) it looked like a half decent Northerly was on the cards next week -  today a possible raging Atlantic - wife says "just look out of the window" - she may be right - if people are keen on pouring hors over seemingly endless feeds of data and it gives them a buzz fair do but I am beginning to think it is all one big waste of time

Computers eh?

Absolutely frustrating.

I suppose we should be grateful for any drier colder weather we get :)

The game has changed im afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
36 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Absolutely frustrating.

I suppose we should be grateful for any drier colder weather we get :)

The game has changed im afraid.

I would check the 06z if I were you 

All change again :search:

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Really struggled to get below freezing the last two nights. Even with crystal clear skies and no winds. 

Im yet to see a frost this autumn. Probably because I get up too late. But mild and wet sounds good right about now, proper winter stuff that. 

Posted
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

I would check the 06z if I were you 

All change again :search:

C.S

I saw it CS- i dont think it will happen, i certainly dont  want to come across as arrogant and i will humbly eat as much humble pie as i could but i strongly believe we are going to be looking at a very ugly +NAO setup very soon.. :(

Posted

There's a small chance of some wintry showers during early Saturday morning, maybe a cm or two covering of snow on the tops of the Pennines but nothing more than that. -2.9'c it dropped to here overnight, risen to 0.5'c close to midday but there's still signs of last nights frosts on northern-facing roofs and sheltered areas.

Posted
6 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

There's a small chance of some wintry showers during early Saturday morning, maybe a cm or two covering of snow on the tops of the Pennines but nothing more than that. -2.9'c it dropped to here overnight, risen to 0.5'c close to midday but there's still signs of last nights frosts on northern-facing roofs and sheltered areas.

Maybe the small chance of a few rogue snow showers making their way to the east side of the region overnight.

Have to say i love this crisp cold weather at this time of year-soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than wind and rain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That band of snow to our north est is heading straight to our region.. 3 or 3.30 we could see some wintry me things looking at the Weatherpro Premium radar :) 

Edited by raul_sbd

Posted
33 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

That band of snow to our north est is heading straight to our region.. 3 or 3.30 we could see some wintry me things looking at the Weatherpro Premium radar :) 

Not sure if those Radar Apps account for shower Decay..... ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We will see.. usually that weatherpro radar is quite accurate but again the penines can absorb any wintryness  coming from the east... I can see already the clouds to my northeast here in Sale (South Mcr).. -2.8c dew point.

• Like 1

Posted

1c here is max.... -2c now.. frosty and icy all day...roads were icy mess earlier... some bushes roadside over charlesworth/marple were covered in icicles from cars splashing puddles over them... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

NE England getting pasted, even at sea level