Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I think you'll be ok, the 50 mile modification takes me out but still gives you another 50 miles to play with.

Such a shame we've seen this southward correction. Some of the GFS ensemble members look dicey even for here and places me on the very northern (weak) edge of the band. As it stands I'll be quite happy with an inch or so.

Some parts of the Midlands (Shrewsbury-Telford) look good for 15cm or so.

If you live north of a line Liverpool- Manchester you can forget it for this one in my very honest opinion.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Such a shame we've seen this southward correction. Some of the GFS ensemble members look dicey even for here and places me on the very northern (weak) edge of the band. As it stands I'll be quite happy with an inch or so.

Some parts of the Midlands (Shrewsbury-Telford) look good for 15cm or so.

Don't worry about ens at this range, they aren't designed for this, wait for the euro 4, I'm sure that will be ok.

Posted

I'm just gutted about the collapse of this supposedly protracted cold spell, I 'm looking a long way up for guidance now and I'm not talking religion!!

Posted

Don't worry about ens at this range, they aren't designed for this, wait for the euro 4, I'm sure that will be ok.

I've checked the AROME and ARPEGE and they are the same (if not even further S than their earlier runs)

This is pretty much the N extent of the ARPEGE...the really good stuff is Midlands S, the arc of heavy precipitation gets further S with every run.

arpegeuk-1-31-0.png?09-05

This is getting close to being over for NW England and you can bet that the Metoffice will start to backtrack through the day!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

I've checked the AROME and ARPEGE and they are the same (if not even further S than their earlier runs)

This is pretty much the N extent of the ARPEGE...the really good stuff is Midlands S

arpegeuk-1-31-0.png?09-05

cripes that is bad, I'm all but gone then!!!

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

cripes that is bad, I'm all but gone then!!!

Anyone N of Manchester is out of the game IMO, by 18z today I reckon most of the region will be.

Posted

Anyone N of Manchester is out of the game IMO, by 18z today I reckon most of the region will be.

Its possible I have to say given past, but usually its already downgraded by now, Jan 13 I already knew my fate by this point.

Posted
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Its possible I have to say given past, but usually its already downgraded by now, Jan 13 I already knew my fate by this point.

Yeah

Was reasonably happy when I saw the 0z GFS...then I looked at the higher res models...wish I hadn't!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah

Was reasonably happy when I saw the 0z GFS...then I looked at the higher res models...wish I hadn't!

NMM keeps you in the game and me for a dusting.

nmm_uk1-42-34-0.png?09-06

Posted

Not fully out yet.

Can tell by the accumulated precip which is out to 48 hrs

Posted

Me too - Snow accu does suggest a bit though but obviously it could go even further south yet.

17121100_0900.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I know i am classed as the Midlands but the talk in there this morning will be about how great these runs are because, for most of them, it is.

Personally I am gutted too. Being the farthest north in the Midlands you can get I now look to miss out where a few miles further south they get bags of snow.

It seems like it is always either further north or further south.

Posted
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

I know i am classed as the Midlands but the talk in there this morning will be about how great these runs are because, for most of them, it is.

Personally I am gutted too. Being the farthest north in the Midlands you can get I now look to miss out where a few miles further south they get bags of snow.

I know

Sounds stupid but I'd give my bank account to have that precip 100 miles further N in the modelling right now

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Trust me, your still well in the hunt, for 10cm anyway, not saying you will but you still have a chance.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

This poxy region is jinxed... only a matter of time before the warnings are removed. 

Back to bed for me... pffffff 

• Like 1

Posted

One persons upgrade is another person's downgrade...looks like the latest output puts most of the north west region out of action.  You never know there could be  last minute shift north again....in the meantime I wonder what showers will make an appearance today.  Ice station zebra at boundary park could live up to its name this afternoon. 

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There is still a possibility it could be further north.. the models don't necessarily have it pinned on yet. There are plenty of models still putting precipitation over more of our region and these cannot be discounted (even lower res outputs). 

However sliders usually do end up southwards of our region so it's not a great surprise if it ends up that way