Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, Miamay said:

Getting heavier and has suddenly stopped. Dark clouds coming over from Mersey

There is a whole line of showers, you should do well in the next few hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Just can't get excited about this , what good is 1 to 5 cm  :nonono:

Better than 1 to 5 mm

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Just can't get excited about this , what good is 1 to 5 cm  :nonono: Rather a sunny crisp day

Please exit the forum now! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Latest text forecast: 

Headline:

A cold, frosty night. Sunny and remaining cold tomorrow.

This Evening and Tonight:

It will be a cold and mainly clear night with a widespread frost. A few snow flurries are likely in the west and south but many places will avoid these. The winds will also gradually ease. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Saturday:

Scattered snow showers are likely through Saturday, mainly across Cheshire and Lancashire and possibly over the hills. Elsewhere, it will be cold with plenty of sunny spells. Maximum temperature 4 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Sunday will be cold and frosty at first but some significant snow is then likely. Some wintry showers are possible on Monday. Brighter on Tuesday with sunshine and wintry showers.

Sunday now likely rather than possible, love how they miss Merseyside out tomorrow though. 

• Like 1

Posted

Think it's because I've lived in places that get 1 to 5 foot ,lol

and you move to furness ?  I'm from Barrow originally, use to have to go to tarn howes to see snow, hence I live in the peak district now, more snow and not Barrow - say no more  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mottram blue said:

and you move to furness ?  I'm from Barrow originally, use to have to go to tarn howes to see snow, hence I live in the peak district now, more snow and not Barrow - say no more  

I know tarn howes well , I live on outskirts of ulverston and rarely go to Barrow now ,lol

Posted

12z gfs has snow showers on the southern half of the region tomorrow afternoon. This is in line with the earlier output.

Posted

I know tarn howes well , I live on outskirts of ulverston and rarely go to Barrow now ,lol

love tarn howes, sledging onto the frozen lake, my sister still lives at spark bridge, love ulverston, lovely market town, don't bother with barra, why would yer  

• Like 1

Posted

Latest Liverpool TAF going for heavy snow showers between 5 and 10 suggesting a streamer or a trough. Snow showers there after until end of the forecast at 1200 tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Back from work to see upgrades on sunday's potential snowfall and an amber warning from the met.  Confident that the cold will be in situ up here, but still doubtful about the intensity of the precipitation.  Anyway still good to be even having the prospect of a snow-day after a few wet & mild winters.

Posted

It's a dump  now  even though there's plenty of money flying around 

got a sister who lives on walney still, so got to travel through barrow when visiting her, lovely Island Walney, shame barrows on the other end of it, don't mind Dalton. Not as meat headish as Barrow, thank god I didn't get a job in the yard and moved Manchester way. 

Posted
1 minute ago, chicken soup said:

A small nudge north on 12z gfs...slider gate continues

I'd say it is the same track as earlier, just slightly delayed arrival. Wales and the Midlands in the firing line according to that.

Posted

The updated UKMO is an improvement for us! It has the low slightly further north than the earlier run. Hopefully the high resolution models will be similar or a bit further north.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mottram blue said:

got a sister who lives on walney still, so got to travel through barrow when visiting her, lovely Island Walney, shame barrows on the other end of it, don't mind Dalton. Not as meat headish as Barrow, thank god I didn't get a job in the yard and moved Manchester way. 

I know walney

ernsea bay bigger bank etc liked walking dogs there ,and roanhead 

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well I have had a couple of snow showers lasting 10 mins, most of them went just south of me by about a mile lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

I know walney earnse bay bigger bank etc liked walking dogs there ,and roanhead 

Roanhead looking out other the duddon to millom with black combe in the background  simply stunning, god heaven as well - sister has two soringers who go bezerk on there 

Just now, mottram blue said:

Roanhead looking out other the duddon to millom with black combe in the background  simply stunning, god heaven as well - sister has two soringers who go bezerk on there 

I have family who own the farm there , the land around sand dunes ,it's stunning on a day like today with mountains covered in snow .

Posted

I have family who own the farm there , the land around sand dunes ,it's stunning on a day like today with mountains covered in snow .

some people have all the luck