IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

If we get a layer of hrauple will be a good bedding for the snow

• Like 1

Posted

If I remember correctly, it was yesterdays 6z that pushed the low north for it then to be corrected on the 12z. It is run at a slightly lower resolution than the 0z and 12z so maybe that could be the case.

Good to see you posting again Aaron! I can't believe some of the wording used in the warnings, "vehicles stranded" etc.

Posted

17.5'c of accumulated snow between now and Sunday xcweather is forecasting for my location. Yipee.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

BRAEU_84.gif

What are your feelings this setup for the coast,  I keep seeing ppl in the mod thread claiming anything falling north of london will be snow, but from experince,  Im with Backtrack, anything 20 miles from  coast will be sleet? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

BRAEU_84.gif

Great for the midlands and the southern most parts of our region, not good Manchester northwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

BRAEU_84.gif

A few points that's changed, the warm triple point that was due to go from west to east across England has now moved into France, leaving an occluded front, typically an occluded front has more chance of an all snow event, for those to the south of the line, especially once cold air is embedded in place, also the fact the front is moving south after the initial push means colder air will be dragged south again, 

I'd say it's a vast improvement on the last fax, all to play for moving forward. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

A few points that's changed, the warm triple point that was due to go from west to east across England has now moved into France, leaving an occluded front, typically an occluded front has more chance of an all snow event, for those to the south of the line, especially once cold air is embedded in place, also the fact the front is moving south after the initial push means colder air will be dragged south again, 

I'd say it's a vast improvement on the last fax, all to play for moving forward. 

It is a downgrade for our region in terms of precipitation. For your location it is better of course but you are not in the northwest.

Posted

It looks like us to the west may well dip out on the sunday, is that a reflection on what will probably happen tonight? of course, tonight we will get nothing also.

Also I will be emailing the meto to change there warning from "yellow snow" to "snow yellow" as they are clearly taking the biscuit

Posted
3 hours ago, alr1970 said:

'Twas ever thus. 

Does anyone know how to get poster locations displaying on the mobile version of the forums, or has that feature been lost forever?

BBC weather app is showing heavy snow for southport ! Thoughts? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Perfect for me again on Sunday, off-shore winds all the way. Bring it on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
1 hour ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Definitely going to be a busy day in Manchester with the Markets, Trafford Center sales, Mariah Carey at the arena, and the Derby fixture up at Old Trafford. Add snow into all this aswell for those travelling by public transport and it's a headache for the organizers.

Oh no. Was going to go the Christmas markets on Saturday !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah the computer forecasts on the apps and whatnot change every hour or so. Pay no attention. 

All hail the mighty lamppost 

• Like 2

Posted

I hope everyone more east of our area enjoys the snow, I will definitely be back around when there is something more interesting for my area.

i will dropping in with green eyed jealousy to look at your pictures however. Have fun!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Although this is tasty 

54F98253-EBDB-4407-B394-E1BD42C072B2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Lateat bbc forcast has most southern areas of northwest peppered overnight with frequent showers. Upgrade for ribbke etc 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
24 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Oh no. Was going to go the Christmas markets on Saturday !!

The Manchester derby is on Sunday. So is the Liverpool one, but obviously i’m the only Liverpool fan Lol

Edited by Chris.R

Posted

Very sorry I haven't been well these last few days so I can honestly say I've been looking at the models wrong, how? I have absolutely no idea.

My wife is back from london now and is looking after me so im growing ever more optimistic. everyone west of the M6 could well see snow to lower levels.

I will ramp it up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather
14 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

The Manchester derby is on Sunday. So is the Liverpool one, but obviously i’m the only Liverpool fan Lol

Someone has to be lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
21 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I'm also a Liverpool fan Chris ;)

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Someone has to be lol 

#YNWA! Anyway so it won’t be as busy on Saturday then, but obviously there could be a load of snow there lol