Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
19 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Probably another 2 days before the track is accurately forecast. But the fun & games begin for the region from PM tomorrow in the form of some beefy showers :cold::cold-emoji:

Absolutely mate

This will probably be Saturday before its sorted.

C.S. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nice to see some of the old names back again I remember from the great times in 2010/2013, especially the members in Merseyside, Wallasey etc. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Thunder Snow said:

:bomb: is that a boom :nonono::rofl::rofl:

Yes - I'm just focusing on the short-term at the moment, trough features do spring up out of nowhere, BBC forecast is showing one such feature delivering snow to low levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Absolutely mate

This will probably be Saturday before its sorted.

C.S. 

Fantastic model viewing all round, very interesting now and going forward into Winter. Let's hope we see the proof in the pudding in the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This harks back to 1995 2004 and other transitional (from mild to cold air) snow events. Though it'll be all snow in some areas if models are correct (from Thursday evening)

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

This harks back the the BBC snow watch days particularly 2001. Fun times to be had.

2001! ace times, listening the 'new' Atlantic 252, best year for music

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Nice to see some of the old names back again I remember from the great times in 2010/2013, especially the members in Merseyside, Wallasey etc. 

where's Backtractrack? Crewe cold? SP? amongst some others already posting these people are a godsend 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

2001! ace times, listening the 'new' Atlantic 252, best year for music

Indeed though 1995-96 was even better.. I remember a thundersnow event that year.. fantastic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
29 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Met check went down hill when it's owner was accused of some horrendous crimes,not shure what happened after ,new owners now though 

Yes remember that. Could never be sure what that was all about. Funny thinking that was my only way of getting any weather information back then, that and the BBC website lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

Indeed though 1995-96 was even better.. I remember a thundersnow event that year.. fantastic.

yes, 90's were very snowy here, 

Posted
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Yes - I'm just focusing on the short-term at the moment, trough features do spring up out of nowhere, BBC forecast is showing one such feature delivering snow to low levels.

is that the one on the week ahead forecast. Yep it was slap bang over me.

Bloody hell the winds is really bad here and heavy rain

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, 90's were very snowy here, 

I have a very good feeling about this upcoming spell of weather from a snowy sense. It could go down in the annals as one of the snowiest periods this millennium (perhaps even more so than 2010) although for a single snow event at least from an imby point of view 2013 march snowfall will be difficult to top

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
53 minutes ago, tedmus said:

Hey Chill Pill ?

I like snow but not when it means it knackers my commute! Last time we had it bad here (2010?) it was like an ice rink round here, took me about 5 hours to get home, had to ditch the car at the bottom of the hill by St Hilarys. The council got slated and now seem to get the gritters out at the slightest chance of any cold weather.

LOL about the gritters, they’ve been whizzing about for weeks now ???

Posted

Reminiscing here, but the winter of 95/96 was a classic, we had to rely on the BBC forecasts at that was it then. Countryfile and weatherwatch forecasts late at night. I remember the evening of the 26 Jan 96 in particular, the BBC forecasting heavy snow overnight and into Saturday - perfect timing for the weekend. The start of a two week memorable snowy period, the snow lay on the ground until the infamous 5/6 Feb event - one I always talk about, but never bettered since. 18 inches of snow from a 30 hour snowfall - superb.

• Like 2

Posted

Wind's beginning to crank up outside as the fronts begin to swing southerly, 6am is when the worst of the rain and wind will be crossing the region with 12 hours of relative calm afterwards before the colder air and trough *might* dump some snowfall across the Pennines. Anywhere could see gusts reaching 60mph before the morning hours overnight.

Posted
11 minutes ago, mark blackpool said:

where's Backtractrack? Crewe cold? SP? amongst some others already posting these people are a godsend 

Well there’s  SP; The other 2 are still around somewhere as well.  I wonder if @Backtrack has eaten his hat yet, although I can’t for the life of me remember what that was about! Lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I must go to bed so i’ve enough energy to stay up tomorrow and radar watch !!

Can’t wait for the next 4 days! 

• Like 2