Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
32 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's been a day of two halfs ,both being sh/te....:nonono:

Sunny here for about 2 minutes early afternoon but then normal service was resumed.

as Di would say though, at least it was mild.

• Like 1

Posted

The famous pub run (18z) lifts the gloom with a stunning spell of snowy charts from next midweek onwards.  It will be nursing a huge hangover tomorrow though, when faced with a batch of mild south westerly runs again.... or maybe not?  Something of a halfway house me thinks.

• Like 1

Posted

Not too bad a day after the early morning rain cleared away.  Fresher and cooler now, and could be scrape an overnight frost tonight?

On other matters, there's only one way to describe the model runs at the moment...

GrimEveryBobolink-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Not too bad a day after the early morning rain cleared away.  Fresher and cooler now, and could be scrape an overnight frost tonight?

On other matters, there's only one way to describe the model runs at the moment...

GrimEveryBobolink-max-1mb.gif

Yep ,apart from some late afternoon showers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just checked my local Beeb forecast and it shows rain non-stop  from Sunday night till Thursday!! :shok: 

Maybe month's worth of rain next week??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Clear night last night with cloud building in just now. Nice morning though. Currently 6.4C after a minimum of 5C. Still waiting for first frost here. 

I see down south had some this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of ice scraping on the car this morning.

not overly cold with a minimum of -1c but my fourth morning of wishing cold dark mornings would sod off, at least until days when I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nowhere near a frost last night as expected here with an on-shore wind; minimum 5.2°C.

Today was supposed to be a dry day but we have had frequent showers all afternoon. Rather spectacularly wrong. No frost risk for The foreseeable future unless wins can veer on-shore earlier than currently forecast on Saturday night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
44 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Nowhere near a frost last night as expected here with an on-shore wind; minimum 5.2°C.

Today was supposed to be a dry day but we have had frequent showers all afternoon. Rather spectacularly wrong. No frost risk for The foreseeable future unless wins can veer on-shore earlier than currently forecast on Saturday night. 

Yeh got caught in that rain today mate. Let's hope the models are wrong right now and we have a spectacular turnaround from wind & rain to blizzards :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Dry here all day but could see the train of showers that bombarded you .

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Cold  and damp here , and rather :drunk-emoji: not good as I'm putting a gearbox back in a Aston martin tomorrow, it's an old one and not mine so I don't care :rofl:

Well I would care less if it was mine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Dry here all day but could see the train of showers that bombarded you .

Yet just up the road we had showers all day, again completely against the prediction on the telly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

I was surprised it stayed dry , some heavy cloud about .

Was in barrow this evening and it was a chilly old breeze!!

Posted

Touch and go weather next week will bring cold rain or slightly milder rain for our parts.

Northern Scotland the place to be but even here it will most likely be a slushy mess away from higher ground.  Hope I'm wrong and the colder air makes a mockery of the models and trends a lot further south but still early days for wintry hopes.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

I was down at the Monsal Trail yesterday long-distance race supporting with absolutely biting cold wind that was almost non-stop, didn't help that it was overcast with light drizzle thrown into the mix. Planning to be following the Pennine Way earlier on this morning with the forecast looking a little more cheery with brighter sunny skies and clear visibility. 

Posted

Frosty start but it's looking like a decent day's weather coming up so maybe time to get out and blow some cobwebs off.

probably the missus has other walking ideas which include shops though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Some big differences from coast to inland this morning in our region. From -2C around Manchester to +7C on Wirral peninsula. Nearly a 10 degree difference within 50 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The wind veered off-shore just before dawn so the temperature which had been steady at 6°C all night fell off a cliff, giving a minimum of 4.2°C at sunrise.