Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

32 minutes ago, iand61 said:

We'll see.

lovely day here now though after a damp start.

a couple of quick inside jobs to do and then an afternoon doing a bit of tidying up in the garden by the looks of it.

Lucky you I'm in loft trying to find an electrical fault as  the electricians that charged me 6 k for rewiring 2 years ago has packed in :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Looking forward to seeing snow on the news again soon in this up and coming cold spell, 4 years and counting to see it outside the window. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
6 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Lucky you I'm in loft trying to find an electrical fault as  the electricians that charged me 6 k for rewiring 2 years ago has packed in :nonono:

I know a sparky down Foxfield if you're struggling!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If the forecast is to be believed then I could be looking at the first snow of the winter for this part of the region tomorrow afternoon.

not expecting more than a slushy mess but it's a start and signs are promising for plenty more chances in the coming weeks.

in the short term though, what a lovely day today, dry, sunny and cold, very seasonal but a decent day to wrap up and get out.

preferably a good long walk but in my case, it looks like it's around shops:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

If the forecast is to be believed then I could be looking at the first snow of the winter for this part of the region tomorrow afternoon.

not expecting more than a slushy mess but it's a start and signs are promising for plenty more chances in the coming weeks.

in the short term though, what a lovely day today, dry, sunny and cold, very seasonal but a decent day to wrap up and get out.

preferably a good long walk but in my case, it looks like it's around shops:nonono:

Is it being dragged around them by your Mrs? Worst kind of shopping that! Infact any kind of shopping!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

METO Going for an overnight low of -4c tonight:cold:

I think that will be the lowest over night temperature this year

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

My prediction for tonight here is 0.8°C but if we can squeeze a little bit of Easterly component into the wind direction then an air frost is entirely possible. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Is it being dragged around them by your Mrs? Worst kind of shopping that! Infact any kind of shopping!!

Yep it was but survived it and back in the warmth now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

DP Already at -1c and feels damm cold 

C.S

Posted

Nice for it to be seasonal for a change.  Too many recent years November and Decembers have been mild, rain soaked and sodden.  Second sunday night frost in a row tonight no doubt after a sunny but chilly day.  Temperatures are on the way down.  After a brief mild mid-week blip, we could be looking at another cold one next weekend.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Nice for it to be seasonal for a change.  Too many recent years November and Decembers have been mild, rain soaked and sodden.  Second sunday night frost in a row tonight no doubt after a sunny but chilly day.  Temperatures are on the way down.  After a brief mild mid-week blip, we could be looking at another cold one next weekend.

Aye its a cold one tonight- probs get below freezing and tomorrow looks cold before the rain moves in- next weekend onwards looks very cold.

Posted

A plus side for tonight is that just before the sun rises in the morning there's a 35min window of opportunity to have a cloudless uninterrupted view of the Venus/Jupiter conjunction. Both planets will be visible just a degree or two apart to the southeast, rising at 6:10am making the spectacle looking like one large bright star without optical assistance.

Posted

Evidence of the cold upper air today at 400 metres today - ground partly frozen in sheltered northern parts and with a strong wind, it felt arctic. Nice dusting of snow on some of the fells as well - only a smidge but good to see. I think next week will deliver the first proper cover of the season - a temporary one tomorrow, but something longer lasting by the weekend.

Another air frost expected tonight, third Monday morning in a row waking up to a frozen scene.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Gritter has just gone rumbling down our non main road......