Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112613118637?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649Hi guys I've brought you some early snowflakes I've just made! 

Ive popped some on eBay too 

Damn it photo won't upload...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Latest models show our first cold shot of the season around about Halloween with overnight frost and fog,and yes the chance of the first flakes of the season over the peaks all thanks to LP to the East and HP in the west giving us our first Northerly of the season.

C.S

Posted

I think we need to skip forward 24hrs because there's nothing particularly inspiring about the weather today...just a whole lot of dampness around.  I'll be glad for the w/end northerly, not because I'm expecting anything remotely wintry here, but at least it will bring in cleaner, fresher air with a chance of sunny skies, instead of leaden thick drabness

Posted

I'm fairly certain there was heavy rain overnight accompanied by a few strong gusts, it woke me up some-time in the early hours but I was at that stage of being half asleep/awake to see what was going on. 

Posted

A rare mostly dry fine day, just a slight bit of drizzle in the air but hardly enough to dampen the ground. Very pleasant as well under no wind, and temps about 13 degree max.

Looking forward to the first air frost of the season in the week ahead I hope, and the first day of the new season to fail to hit double figures - it will start to feel seasonal again, after a month of unseasonably mild weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

First frost of the season here.

• Like 1

Posted

I thought today was supposed to be relatively bright and sunny, looking out the window and it's one of those yucky Autumn days with drizzle and low cloud.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's certainly one of those Autumn days when you need a cuddle from a casserole 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Absolutely vile day here today and one of those days when I wish I could knock about 500ft off my altitude, and thinking about it, 1000 miles of my latitude.

hopefully Sunday will be a bit better but with horizontal  drizzle since first light, anything is an improvement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After yesterday's grot and a cloudy start first think this morning, what a cracking day's weather.

just a shame that it'll be dark by tea time but it's better than yesterday's mist drizzle and winds.

definately the time of year when this region benefits most from a northerly; same thing in January and we'd be watching the eastern half of the country getting plastered in snow but as snow isn't on the menu I'll gladly take a cool day and sunshine.

Posted

Yes I'd happily bank today's fresh, clean cool but sunny weather all winter, if it meant not suffering days like yesterday's mild heavy drizzlefest.  Might be a touch of frost early tomorrow before the clouds roll in.  Losing that hour of daylight at the end of the day always takes a bit of getting used to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Already down to 8.3°C; it’s going to be a cold one tonight. Grass temperature down to 4.7°C on my new DIY grass thermometer. Should hopefully get a grass frost tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

4 degrees here this morning. Feels cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Just shows what a dyer devastating situation we find ourselves in the last few years when people are now celebrating an air frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A very cold night last night, a bit colder than I thought it would get. Minimum 1.7°C, grass minimum -0.3°C, so first ground frost of the season. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Just shows what a dyer devastating situation we find ourselves in the last few years when people are now celebrating an air frost.

Yeah. 

I'll take what I can get after the past few joyless winters! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Grey day today. Am now looking forward to hopefully a cold snowy winter !