Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Yes very rainy now and keep getting gusts now and again but nothing special just a blustery day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Really wild here now.

heavy driving rain for the last hour or so and very windy.

i can't see there being many leaves left on the trees by the time Brian sods off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just been down to the beach. Appalling conditions with driving heavy rain and strong sustained winds, gusting approximately 50-60 mph. Not pleasant. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Some quite serious flooding issues developing around here now.

Just come through Bacup and the town centre is flooded due to the Irwell overflowing and there are now flood warnings on the river right down the Rossendale Valley and over the border in Todmorden.

thought it would be bad but not expecting this much rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Some quite serious flooding issues developing around here now.

Just come through Bacup and the town centre is flooded due to the Irwell overflowing and there are now flood warnings on the river right down the Rossendale Valley and over the border in Todmorden.

thought it would be bad but not expecting this much rain.

Hope Summerseat will be alright. Was there last weekend and the Irwell was very full then and the ground very wet.  They don’t need any more  flooding  after last year. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hope Summerseat will be alright. Was there last weekend and the Irwell was very full then and the ground very wet.  They don’t need any more  flooding  after last year. 

I can't see a repeat of the Boxing Day floods although current  levels on the upper Irwell are the highest recorded since that day.

Posted
1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

No point for warnings in my area ... just saying 

The Met office warning was yellow, the lowest level and my bit of the region wasn't even in it.

probably because it was for wind and we are a long way from the coast but it has been windier than earlier in the week when we were included.

problem though is that we should have had an amber one for the rain that fell as this has had far greater impacts locally than the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and big wind
5 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

The dog just told me

Have a dog that stresses out in bad weather. She's not eaten all day because of the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

It's quite bad here in Leyland, has been dreadful all day, the rain was relentless and it even rained in a few times in my parents living room!! Been mopping up a a few times, they do have a very large patio door window as the lounge is at the back,,, the rain has stopped now and although we've had had quiet bad gusts all day the wind is really picking up now, I'm a bit worried because they have very large conifers in their back garden which backs onto the woods of a very large park.... and me and my son are sleeping in this room... 

Posted

super duperting hell that gust of wind was very scary!!!!!! I mean scary!! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another day but the same high winds.

Brian has certainly packed a punch and in these parts was worse than Ophelia.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Another day but the same high winds.

Brian has certainly packed a punch and in these parts was worse than Ophelia.

Agreed and to add insult to injury Brian's left us a north westerly airstream, so our region will be on the front line for capturing any moisture from the Irish sea, but touch wood maybe a little dryer later in the day.  I hope we get a similar setup in mid winter with conditions conducive enough for snow.

Posted

I made the mistake of booking a table for dinner last night near todmorden we set off from Bacup at 6 to drive the long way around through Clivinger I have never driven in anything like it the roads were rivers and broken down cars littered the road and outside the restaurant there was no path or road I dropped of my family and then drove of to the car park. I had to walk back along the underwater path. We had a lovely meal and when we left all the water had gone

Edited by shadowfax
Not finished
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

I made the mistake of booking a table for dinner last night near todmorden we set off from Bacup at 6 to drive the long way around through Clivinger I have never driven in anything like it the roads were rivers and broken down cars littered the road and outside the restaurant there was no path or road I dropped of my family and then drove of to the car park. I had to walk back along the underwater path. We had a lovely meal and when we left all the water had gone

What was It like in Todmorden, my daughter went to her boyfriends in Halifax last night but after seeing conditions in Bacup and looking at the warnings on the Irwell and Calder I told her to go M62.

she got there ok but it is the long way round

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's still as bad this morning with the high winds, if not stronger than last night! 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes got really bad here in the night and still rough now but met office seems to have removed all warnings??