Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Fresher day today, we've lost that warm eerie southerly wind, that Ophelia pumped up on its eastern flank.  However out of the breeze, and in the sunshine it felt more pleasant and refreshing in the cleaner air.  Another more typical Atlantic storm due to visit at the weekend.

Posted
On 16/10/2017 at 18:40, Mokidugway said:

Think I'll miss the worse off it thank Douk ..:)

Pm me

Posted

Well it's raining again and I've heard whispers of Storm Brian ????

• Like 1

Posted

What is it with the weather and its obsession to pee it down in the west.  I'm sure the forecast was for the heaviest rain to stay on the east of the pens today but it appears to have moved in a north west direction to sit over our region from lunchtime onwards....quite heavy coming home from work.   We could have done without it because a mobile westerly pattern is setting up and we'll no doubt cop it then.   Could be a wet autumn this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

What is it with the weather and its obsession to pee it down in the west.  I'm sure the forecast was for the heaviest rain to stay on the east of the pens today but it appears to have moved in a north west direction to sit over our region from lunchtime onwards....quite heavy coming home from work.   We could have done without it because a mobile westerly pattern is setting up and we'll no doubt cop it then.   Could be a wet autumn this year

Thought the same myself, wettest day for a few weeks here with continuous heavy rain from lunchtime until early evening.

hopefully the same set up will bring snow in winter but no doubt it will refuse to cross over the Pennines then and we'll end watching in envy.

3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Thought the same myself, wettest day for a few weeks here with continuous heavy rain from lunchtime until early evening.

hopefully the same set up will bring snow in winter but no doubt it will refuse to cross over the Pennines then and we'll end watching in envy.

Seems  to me your getting a lot of ororgraphic rainfall,not been overly wet here.

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Disgusting afternoon. Thought it was supposed to hold off until evening but apparently not. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Seems  to me your getting a lot of ororgrafic rainfall,not been overly wet here.

Don't know but we got our fair share while it lasted and after sat watching a re run of the regional forecast on "this morning" .............don't even ask:wallbash: the rain was never shown to cross over from Yorkshire.

In the end it gave the conservatory a good test but it passed with flying colours again.

Posted

After a brief dry period yesterday and some welcome sunshine, today brought further heavy rain, which arrived earlier than expected, making for a very miserable dark evening.. oh dear.. more ahead for the foreseeable. A break will occur at some point and not just a 1 day affair, we've had over 3 months of this now.

Posted

Just seen we are in a level 1 for severe wind gusts

Edited by carl1980

Posted
17 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

Just seen we are in a level 1 for severe wind gusts

Oh I thought it was bull poop 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It's raining here again. But my BBC weather app just shows it is cloudy now.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Apparently it's been sun-shining up in Hawes this morning, but i'm staying put at home this weekend as 'volunteering' to stand out in the rain and gales for hours on end watching the Y3P racers passing by on Saturday doesn't appeal to me. Its more cosy here sat next to the radiator and keeping dry.

Posted

Lovely start to the day but it's looking like downhill from here on with wind and rain the beast we can look forward to.

looks like a day for indoor jobs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No wind really, it seems this storm has gone further south than here. Looks like it'll be a fairly calm day.

Posted

Pretty gusty here and just had the first shower of the day.

fine again now but looking at the sky I can't see it lasting and if the forecast comes off its going to be a wet, pretty much throughout from late afternoon until Sunday morning.

Posted

Just a blustery day thinks the warnings are more for Ireland and wales rather than us 

• Like 1

Posted

Blustery and wet and little signs of improvement for the rest of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Here comes the rain now. :(