Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

26 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Been darn sarf with work today so have missed the rain at home but it looks like we've had a fair bit, certainly plenty of debris in the spots where run off occurs.

decent sunny evening though.

Suprised its quiet in here nice squall line with thunderstorms inbeded about to hit our region ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Suprised its quiet in here nice squall line with thunderstorms inbeded about to hit our region ...

I'm down at the beach watching it come in :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
11 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

The sky does look pretty stormy over here.

• Like 1

Posted

It's taken me by surprise I thought there would be a lull before heavy showers forecasted for tomorrow, but looking at the radar, at least places in the west of the region should get a quickly lively up in the next hour or so.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

It's taken me by surprise I thought there would be a lull before heavy showers forecasted for tomorrow, but looking at the radar, at least places in the west of the region should get a quickly lively up in the next hour or so.

The radar shows a narrow band of heavy showers just to my south, are you not getting anything from them.

Posted

On a short break sightseeing in Liverpool, impressive lightning, gusty wind and heavy rain where we are staying in Crosby

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I wasn't expecting anything, there I was just dozing in the sofa and then bang!!

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, iand61 said:

The radar shows a narrow band of heavy showers just to my south, are you not getting anything from them.

No that little cluster was just to my north... but http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php?map=12 showing quite a blooming of thundery activity even as it comes over land from the west.  Should get something from this in next hour or so, unless it breaks up dramatically as it meets the higher ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very nice little storm passing through. Lots of T and L

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

i think its getting worse here!!

Posted

Shall I get excited? The radar is looking great and I have had no thunder so far this year.

Posted

Saw 4 quite impressive pink CG lightning strikes in about a 10 min period. Unfortunately the rain was a bit of a none event but there was a noticeable wind increase.

Nice little surprise though nonetheless.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

This is a 2nd decent thunderstorm of the season here and its even better too than last time! I don't think this actually be forecasted before. It just sprang out of nowhere!

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear not a nice July evening, it went very dark about an hour ago, wind suddenly picked up and then heavy rain started - a marked squall line. No thunder and lightning though. A very early descent into dusk, feels like we have skipped August and plunged into September - doesn't feel right for late July. Outlook is preety miserable for the Lake District, very limited sunshine, mostly dull showery or wet and below par temps, low pressure firmly anchored to the NW.. 

Posted

Here in Newton le Willows we've just had a ten minute spell of torrential rain, forked and sheet lightning and squally winds. People running to get indoors. Passed over quickly. All calm now. 

Posted

I can see the squall line losing it's lightning potency now on the radar as it tracks to the outskirts of west manchester so it will most likely be only heavy rain on the menu by the time it get's here.  Should pass through reasonably quickly too.