Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cloudy start but the sun is starting to break through now so hopefully we can share in some of the summer heat on offer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Don't worry folks, false alarm about the cloud clearing to give early sunshine and a chance for some decently high temperatures as

Englands only patch of gloom has decided to take up residence across Lancashire and doesn't show much sign of sodding off.

never mind, at least it will save on sun cream.

5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Don't worry folks, false alarm about the cloud clearing to give early sunshine and a chance for some decently high temperatures as

Englands only patch of gloom has decided to take up residence across Lancashire and doesn't show much sign of sodding off.

never mind, at least it will save on sun cream.

It's cleared here , peeping stuff for tonight's BBQ :drunk:

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's cleared here , peeping stuff for tonight's BBQ :drunk:

Crap here, can I come to your BBQ.

i'll bring my own beer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Very sunny here, and to illustrate  how rubbish computer-generated forecasts are: the max for me today was supposed to be 20°C  but it's already 22.4. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting

Warm and sunny in Chapel! Trip to the beer garden is necessary! :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Chris.R said:

What's wrong with Crosby! :-( There's a nice ice-cream van here with sherbert. 

Ha nothing I'll have to put that on my visit list.  I just find Ainsdale more 'dog friendly' and like the views.  Anyway suns out now finally after a grey overcast morning, and it's hotting up!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Stunning day 27c just starting to creep into the uncomfortable zone though for me.

C.S. 

Posted

Cloudy morning but once the sun came out its been pretty well wall to wall and feeling hot.

my sensor was showing 28.5c at one stage but I'd imagine you could take a degree or so from that but not bad and certainly higher than the charts were showing for here yesterday.

time to open a beer and back to sunbathing me thinks.

Posted

Sun beating down, beer in hand, police helicopter circling overhead.

at least some of these are the things that keep us going in the dark, dreary winter months even if the other is damned annoying although I suppose it's a good day for outdoor activities such as stealing lead from roofs, the main tax free occupation here at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Max 24.9°C; sunny most of the day.  Met Office station down on the beach has been 3° lower than me all day, why they put the station on the beach I don't know. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

What a lovely warm summers evening.and no wind ! Sat in the beer garden drinking Tim Taylors Boltmaker and Dj playing Northern soul. Perfect .

C

Posted

Unlike yesterday's cloudy morning, today has had warm sunshine from dawn, it's going to be a hot one.

Posted

Excellent summer conditions over the Lake District at the moment, just how I like it. Not too hot, we are only seeing maxes in the 22-23 degree range but that is fine when accompanied by abundant sunshine blue clear skies and a nice cooling breeze. Last night was very light, there was a lovely sunset and it never got truly dark, this is the best time of year for optimising summery weather due to the exceptional light levels - far better than in mid-late August.. 

Looking ahead, 2-3 more lovely days ahead perhaps a bit warmer as well, we might scrape 25 degrees by Wednesday as we see winds shift around to come in more from the south/south east, however, certainly no heatwave beckoning for Cumbria it appears, westerly/south westerly feed by Thursday will bring cloud possible rain/drizzle and much fresher conditions. Indeed BBC going for woeful maxes of 14, 15 degrees, I can see the headlines now, SE bakes in mid 30's, whilst NW chills in mid teens...

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

Although it's not in the sun, my sensor probably reads a bit of the high side but it's currently showing 31.5c which is still the highest I've reached this year and beats anything last year as well.

just came in for a bit of hydration then back to gardening and hopefully a pub meal and a few beers later for fathers days.

Love this weather and it certainly  beats dark nights and months of hunting for snow that never arrives.

Posted

It says 24c today according to BBC website, but it feels much hotter than that... upper 20's I would have thought.  Almost feel like we're in mediterranean mode... i.e. getting outdoors activities done before 1-2pm so not to be a slave to the hottest part of the day.  This weather's great if you're at your leisure (which most of us will be today) but not the best when working in it during the week.  Tomorrow set for another scorcher.

Posted

It's not too many days away from the summer solstice, it's quite eery this time of year walking home at silly o'clock from the local only to be seeing the sun starting to rise and birds chirping away. Another 3 months and it'll be the return of more noticeable darker evenings once more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Gorgeous last few days - topping up my tan i got in Rome nicely.  Is cooler out tonight.