Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Surprised the MetOffice don't have a wind warning out for tomorrow. That low seems to be deepening more with every model run. 50-60mph looks possible across the region tomorrow now. Probably enough to take trees in full leaf down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Weather warning now out for wind until 22.00 hrs tonight. Up to 60mph gusts could be possible today.

Also about my yesterday's post it did rain on last week bank holiday all day!! Just remembered. 

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Awful couple of day more like October than June. 

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sunny now. 37.2 mm of rain in total for this event. At least temps stayed in double figures throughout though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Maybe some convective chances Thursday and possibly tonight in this region. If we have a summer with lots of that sort of thing going on I'll be happy.  Give me a proper polar maritime convective day like 14th July 2010. Feels like we haven't had one for absolutely ages. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A perfect early summers day if gales, heavy driving rain and rescuing fence panels is your thing.

if not, what the hell has happened to our decent weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sun shining nicely now but the wind is more fitting of a day in October...strong and chilly. Flaming June my Arsenal.

Posted

Oh dear another woeful gloomy miserable day, not as wet, but rain throughout, and chilly. Thankfully we have been spared much wind. This evening equally as drab as yesterday evening, and still raining.. Had this system arrived in the winter months, a possible very long snowfall event would have occured, its taken a rather unusual path and become slow moving, with frontal activity stuck in situ right over us.. 

• Like 1

Posted

Double duvet taken out of storage, a few weeks ago had the fan on full blast.  Wacky British climate.

Posted
13 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Double duvet taken out of storage, a few weeks ago had the fan on full blast.  Wacky British climate.

I lit the fire last night, then picked up a free log walking my daughter home from dance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Read the last rights to my broken fence panel and made a new one but even before I could get it painted the damn rain arrived again.

if ithis weather wasn't so depressing it would be laughable 

Posted

Apart from snow we've had a bit of everything today.

moderate rain this morning, a few sunny periods and showers this afternoon then a torrential downpour  about an hour ago with roads like rivers and rivers like......full.

back to sunshine again now though and after expecting my conservatory to be flooded, pleasantly it was bone dry.

strange things are leaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
22 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Apart from snow we've had a bit of everything today.

moderate rain this morning, a few sunny periods and showers this afternoon then a torrential downpour  about an hour ago with roads like rivers and rivers like......full.

back to sunshine again now though and after expecting my conservatory to be flooded, pleasantly it was bone dry.

strange things are leaks.

not surprised, snow is hard enough to get in Jan these days

Posted

Always nice to wake up on a summer weekend morning to see grey skies and rain falling whilst the rest of the country is forecast to bask in warm sunshine.

Posted

Oh dear looks like being the fourth very poor day in six.. gloomy rain leaden skies, incessant moderate rain as well, not forecast to clear out until later this afternoon, too late to salvage the day. Current synoptic set up is what I call the summer spoiler for here, a moist SW airstream and associated frontal feature always delivers the worst summer weather,very low cloud shrouding everything, not a chink or glimmer of views of the fells - and when it occurs during the summer weekend it really does dent the holiday feel in the Lake District. I always feel sorry for anyone who has just one day to spend in the Lake District, often international tourists, who may never come back again, and all they can see is grey.. We are certainly in the worst place to be today weatherwise..

Posted

Should cheer up as we go through next week, but quite lucky here today.  Yes grey skies and lots of cloud cover but the rain as stayed out mainly to the west after that morning band pushed through.  It will probably make eastwards progress later on but it's the western folks that are at the rough end of today's rain stick.

Posted
3 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Should cheer up as we go through next week, but quite lucky here today.  Yes grey skies and lots of cloud cover but the rain as stayed out mainly to the west after that morning band pushed through.  It will probably make eastwards progress later on but it's the western folks that are at the rough end of today's rain stick.

Surprised at that.

i'm only 15 miles north of you and we've had pretty well constant rain throughout.

it did ease into the afternoon but more rain than dry and at times it's been pretty heavy.

to put it politely, a poor day.

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Surprised at that.

i'm only 15 miles north of you and we've had pretty well constant rain throughout.

it did ease into the afternoon but more rain than dry and at times it's been pretty heavy.

to put it politely, a poor day.

It's started to rain now that the band has finally made exit stage right, but very light.  Looking at the radar even at the local scale you were unlucky to be on the southern edge of the slow moving weather front most of the day.  Still leaden skies but a better day tomorrow.

Posted
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

It's started to rain now that the band has finally made exit stage right, but very light.  Looking at the radar even at the local scale you were unlucky to be on the southern edge of the slow moving weather front most of the day.  Still leaden skies but a better day tomorrow.

Suns out here at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Suns out here at the moment

Yes,  for sun lovers here, today taken the biscuit! cloudy all day, sun came out at 9:05pm

Posted

was in Oldham and Rochdale just after lunch and it was hammering down but up here, it's been mainly dry.

windy though and not exactly summer like but after yesterday's washout, not a bad day.