Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if, on the off chance that we hit the jackpot sunday/monday then who fancies joining me on a recce into the Northern England Regional threads monday night to say "hello" and then do some serious gloat

I looked at this chart and proudly pronounced to the wife that she was getting 10-15cm tomorrow.....she just laughed  the old ones are the best......lol

Posted Images

Haven't done too badly here considering, staying dry all day after overnight showers. Still, pretty rubbish for the time of year. Tomorrow looks worse.

2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Haven't done too badly here considering, staying dry all day after overnight showers. Still, pretty rubbish for the time of year. Tomorrow looks worse.

Yes it has been surprisingly decent considering the forecast. It started off dull, wet and cool but a slow clearance led to a pleasant afternoon with hazy sunshine and lots of spectacular convection all round. Mind you seeing my weather station reading 14.9c on August 8th at midday was really depressing.

Tomorrow could be woeful though.

Just been looking at the rainfall totals for here and I've had 190.2mm so far this summer which is already more than last winter which totalled 179.0mm.  

I thought my first ever sub 15c August max was on the cards as it hadn't got above 14.7c at 16.00 but it's now bright, increasingly sunny and above 16c!

A foul start to the day progressed to an improvement this afternoon and it's been largely sunny since 3pm. Even had tea on the patio! Cool breeze though.

First August sub 15 maximum for many years here - a truly dire day with a maximum of 14.9 and nearly 20mm of rain. And it's still drizzling out there now.

Edited by Stargazer

Stunning day allowing 6 loads of washing to be dried, but more like early Autumn or mid Spring than high summer.

9.2c minimum was the lowest since 4th June then the maximum of 21.8c was the highest for over a fortnight!

After a not too bad morning the weather has gone rapidly downhill with the approach of the front(s). Now moderate rain from Ns with temp 16C and a breeze from the south

PPVA89.thumb.gif.ef80ec620f4c67931a479e4c08d0d340.gif

Edited by knocker