Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if, on the off chance that we hit the jackpot sunday/monday then who fancies joining me on a recce into the Northern England Regional threads monday night to say "hello" and then do some serious gloat

I looked at this chart and proudly pronounced to the wife that she was getting 10-15cm tomorrow.....she just laughed  the old ones are the best......lol

Posted Images

Another atrocious rain forecast from BBC. Website said no rain here until 4pm, but it started raining here just after 11am. Cue another unforecasted soaking.

5 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

Another atrocious rain forecast from BBC. Website said no rain here until 4pm, but it started raining here just after 11am. Cue another unforecasted soaking.

I agree with the bad forecast, but other reasons. They painted it to be an absolute washout here, but all we've had is just a bit of light rain on and off this afternoon.

I go away, out of the UK for ten days and come back to find that my very kind neighbour has had to empty my gauge twice to stop it overflowing!  I've got 62mm to this time from July 19th.  What's been going on....briefly...please?

1 hour ago, Lyn-M said:

I go away, out of the UK for ten days and come back to find that my very kind neighbour has had to empty my gauge twice to stop it overflowing!  I've got 62mm to this time from July 19th.  What's been going on....briefly...please?

It's been quite wet lol. Thunderstorms on the 19th, a significant cold front on the 21st with embedded squall, showers on the 22nd and thunderstorms in places on the 23rd. A brief interlude then rain on and off since Wednesday.

Safe to say any risk of a dry summer overall is well and truly gone.

2 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Thunder just head here. Very heavy rain currently.

Heard a rumble here a couple of hours ago and I've had 22.8mm since midnight. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Heard a rumble here a couple of hours ago and I've had 22.8mm since midnight. 

Wow that's quite a downpour! Had 5.02mm since midnight here. Rain back to heavy drizzle now.

Miserable showery afternoon and evening yesterday with 9.2mm of rain and a further 5.2mm since midnight.

Dry now with blue skies and some patchy light cloud.
14.5c,WNW 4-8mph and 12-15mph gusts, 1005.3 hpa

Heavy rain this morning, thought it was supposed to stay dry until mid day. Hope this doesn't spoil the chance of thunderstorms later.

Typical, not only have we not had any thunderstorms, we've not even had any rain for the whole time the Met Office had lightning symbols for my location:fool:

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

Typical, not only have we not had any thunderstorms, we've not even had any rain for the whole time the Met Office had lightning symbols for my location:fool:

They sprinkle them round like they do snowflakes...

It has been dry and very pleasant all day, good sunny spells. A rogue shower just cropped up, adding 1.4mm to today's total. Including yesterday's light rain, last nights torrential downpour, and today's shower, a total of 15.8mm has fallen, bringing the monthly total to 93.2mm.

23 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It has been dry and very pleasant all day, good sunny spells. A rogue shower just cropped up, adding 1.4mm to today's total. Including yesterday's light rain, last nights torrential downpour, and today's shower, a total of 15.8mm has fallen, bringing the monthly total to 93.2mm.

I think we caught more of that last shower as it passed over it became quite active (as radar suggests) giving us 4.4mm in the last hour..

A 90% fine day with plenty of sunshine while the apparently named 'brown willy effect' streamer has been passing a few miles to the North throughout the afternoon and ongoing now. We did catch a half hour downpour from a broader part of the streamer which deposited 6mm a few hours ago and similar could happen soon.