Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if, on the off chance that we hit the jackpot sunday/monday then who fancies joining me on a recce into the Northern England Regional threads monday night to say "hello" and then do some serious gloat

I looked at this chart and proudly pronounced to the wife that she was getting 10-15cm tomorrow.....she just laughed  the old ones are the best......lol

Posted Images

The rain cleared here about 45 minutes ago leaving a total of 15.4mm. Very autumnal for a while this evening with heavy rain and fairly strong winds blowing the rain around. 

Edited by matt111

Yesterday evening gave us 13mm of heavy rain between 6pm and 10pm after a 20c dry but light cloud day.
This morning has been a mixture of grey and blue skies passing through. Had a few light rain showers of 1.4 mm, but its brightened up now.
It is only 15.2c this morning, 1007.6 hPa, SW light 4-6mph wind.

Had a few showers this morning, one was a torrential downpour. A further 3.8mm falling. 26mm is the last 24 hours or so. July stands at 59mm.

Temp: 16°C - Hum: 82% - Dew: 12.9°C - Bar: 1007.21hPa - Wind: SW @ 6mph.

The showers on and off during yesterday gave us 6mm. A few were heavy.
Temp yesterday was between 15c to 16c.

Blue skies this morning, it is up to 17c already, 1012.4 hPa, WSW 4mph wind.

Some interesting cloud this morning that a plane flew through;

bluesky.jpg

So all the showers yesterday missed here, and now, on the day that was supposed to be dry and sunny, it's raining. Just can't trust the models at the moment!

4 minutes ago, MP-R said:

So all the showers yesterday missed here, and now, on the day that was supposed to be dry and sunny, it's raining. Just can't trust the models at the moment!

It's a joke, had warnings out yesterday for these parts and they were even updated early afternoon to re-enforce the threat of storms and flooding. Yet it stayed dry for the whole day apart from a couple of very light showers in the morning.

And here I am poised to take the dog out for a walk and it's chucking it down, I suspect we will see plenty more showers today as well. Not sure if any will be electrical though. 

Edited by SteveB

Mike and Steve, thinking along similar lines here although it was pretty wet from midday to 4pm yesterday.

Thank goodness it's been a generally good summer until Friday because this looks set to be the 3rd woeful day in a row.

• Like 1

Can't complain regarding this summer, been very dry and warm overall.

Very strange though that we can't seem to buy a decent August when compared with the other Summer months.

I know it's not August yet, but things don't look great at the moment.

My weather stats so far this Summer, paint a skewed picture of it. Going by general memory, I would consider it a very good Summer so far. Temps are sunshine hours are definitely above average. However, it has been much windier than last year, same with rainfall - surpassing last year by a long way, and quite a bit above average.

• Like 1

Been absolutely hammering down here in Taunton, and surrounded by cumulus and baby cumulonimbus. The sun keeps trying to poke through setting off more rain. 

Its the type of sky where you think a flash of lightning should appear , but doesn't . 

Birds are out in between the showers .. delightful . 

Whooo hoo just heard a decent crack of thunder  . Maybe the only thunder we get but it was a decent one . 

The Sun I think helped it along it's way , looking at the sky there maybe more to come but not like the storm we had Tuesday  or Wednesday night . 

No rain yet but looking at the sky that might change soon. 

Started off sunny and feeling pleasant but that didn't last long and it's been cloudy since. Slightly warmer than yesterday. 17.8°C. 

Edited by matt111