South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if, on the off chance that we hit the jackpot sunday/monday then who fancies joining me on a recce into the Northern England Regional threads monday night to say "hello" and then do some serious gloat

I looked at this chart and proudly pronounced to the wife that she was getting 10-15cm tomorrow.....she just laughed  the old ones are the best......lol

Posted Images

The breeze is making it feel quite cool at the moment even when the sun comes out. Completely different to most of the last week or so. 18.8°C. 

3 hours ago, matt111 said:

The breeze is making it feel quite cool at the moment even when the sun comes out. Completely different to most of the last week or so. 18.8°C. 

The WSW wind here has really picked up today, been 15mph - 18mph since mid morning with many 20-26mph gusts.
Temp did get to 20c at 1:30pm and is now 17.8c

Typical that after today's autumnal wind and rain, the dry interlude is perfectly timed for the overnight period before showers move in to ruin tomorrow daytime, only to clear again the following night. Gah!

• Like 2

IT'S RAINING SIDEWAYS!

Quite squally weather here on Bedminster Down, winds are pretty strong and the rain heavy. From what I've seen on the radar though, worse is yet to hit. Not sure whether I'll be driving home or if I will need that outboard motor! :D

• Like 1

Weather absolutely abysmal here in Kingsbridge. Been like this for the past hour or so.

Looking at the radar, you can see how the squall line is really giving certain places a battering. It's not really passing through particularly quickly either, the intense rain is such a long trail and its direction of movement isn't helping either!

Just started chucking it down in Stroud, lucky got to 3.30 before my outdoor work had to stop, thought it would arrive earlier. Looks like a good amount to come on the radar. 

Edited by SilverWolf