Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
32 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Looks respectable tomorrow too before an iffy week to come.

I'm not so sure how iffy it will be. Monday looks reasonable, Tuesday unsettled then pressure builds again on Wednesday.

To be honest we need another dose of rain so perhaps Monday night through to early Wednesday might provide a decent amount before it settles again. Kind of like June where we had a few 20mm days among plenty of fine weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I'm not so sure how iffy it will be. Monday looks reasonable, Tuesday unsettled then pressure builds again on Wednesday.

To be honest we need another dose of rain so perhaps Monday night through to early Wednesday might provide a decent amount before it settles again. Kind of like June where we had a few 20mm days among plenty of fine weather.

Yes Tuesday looks the worst day to be fair. I'm just not sure how sunny the latter of the week will be with the Azores not quite far enough north to be under it, instead with a westerly flow over us. Could be good though with decent uppers and high enough pressure.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

This would be most welcome if it occurs..

00:00 Tues - 00:00 Weds

accprecip24_084.thumb.jpg.b17973cd2bb0a2b1ff3e99f39ff1a4c8.jpg

Not going to be a Channel low is it!?

Posted

Very reasonable day today with a high of 28.3c and feeling a tad more humid than the last few days. As Mapantz mentioned, I notice forecasters saying today will feel slightly less humid than of late. However I think today was one of the most humid days during this beautiful summer weather.

Currently at 17c at midnight, another sticky night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I thought it was supposed to cool and cloudy this weekend?

Yesterday was 26c and sunny, and today is already 22c and sunny!

Posted
19 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I thought it was supposed to cool and cloudy this weekend?

Yesterday was 26c and sunny, and today is already 22c and sunny!

I don't recollect cool being in any forecast although of course it's a subjective word, As for cloudy, well that rather depends precisely where you are in the region.

Posted

Lovely start but clouding up already! Hopefully a clearance again soon. Was beginning to warm up quickly after only falling to 17C overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

28.9c. on my weather station. Suuny indeed.

Posted

Another warm and sunny day so far, it's reached 24.2C. Yesterday was partly sunny, reaching 24.6C.

I'm not a fan of criticising forecasts unduly, but I must admit, as far as cloud goes I'm getting a little fed up of the over-pessimistic automated forecasts from the Met/BBC. Today had been showing 'cloudy' and 'overcast' symbols all the way through.. instead people are sunbathing down on the beach, and I think yesterday showed cloudy and 21C too.

The next 7 days are all going to be cloudy apparently (yeah rite).. 
5962139d15a96_cloudymetforecast.thumb.png.cc6bbba9a7427d9511ca54ba92953b73.png

I remember quite a lot of occasions this year where 7 or even 10 day forecasts (BBC) were showing 'cloudy' every day and you'd think there would be hardly any sunshine for a week. Don't think any of them happened.

I'm sure the forecasts written or presented by humans have been better though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cooler and fresher were the words used multiple times on multiple forecasts on Thursday and Friday. I'm not complaining about the weather, but they have got it completely wrong.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Cooler and fresher were the words used multiple times on multiple forecasts on Thursday and Friday. I'm not complaining about the weather, but they have got it completely wrong.

I'm not sure that the MetO are even forecasting for the UK, as they recently seem way off track on both conditions and temperatures. Currently 25.3°C, with suggested storms less than 12 hours out it still didn't happen. Somebody needs to reboot their computer it seems to have gone wonky...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Certainly not cooler and fresher today. Warm and sunny again for the 5th day in a row. 21.4°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

25 C , cloud bubbling up on and off all day today, when the sun peeks through the. It's incredibly hot and humid again and more black cloud . 

There is no rain forecast as far as I can see, but I think we could do with a drop or two as I'm sure most of the region could . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

According to NW forecast we've thunderstorms from 7pm... but no rain with it .....hmm. 

Really really would like a decent storm.. as this humidity is pants am fed up with watering the garden. ( although to be fair I hardly do much) Grass and verges now starting to look south of Spain burnt and parched. 

Posted

Another beautiful day again today, a high of 30.2c recorded at 3.15pm. 5th day this summer with temperatures 30 or above.

Currently 24c DP 16c. Winds have been SSE all day, however swung round to the south in the last hour.

Interesting developments to our South, which (if the forecast is to be believed) should stay to our south. Nowcasting situation may be in order!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Maxed at 25.8°C today. Lots of Cirrus around all day, but it looks best right now.

20170709_201134.thumb.jpg.2b95e45b639b847a34d8e2acf46ce5f4.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Looking very dark now, temp dropped to 18 C but I think it's too far north for rain and a slight breeze . Keep hoping for a rumble of thunder but perhaps another time . 

Posted

What a lovely day yesterday. Spent the day walking in a very parched looking south Mendips. High of 26.9C at home.

Overcast and feeling much cooler this morning. Hoping for some brightness later for a BBQ with friends then a welcome deluge tomorrow. Interesting that Carol on the BBC is pretty confident about a warm/heat up towards the end of next week already. Watch this space on that one I think.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

There were some brilliant cirrus-scapes yesterday.  I lay back and watched them for a long time in the afternoon!

Hoping that Carol may be right about the return of the heat at the end of next week....I shan't be here to suffer it!  We're off to cooler climes on holiday, can't imagine 30°C on an Alaskan cruise, can you? :)

P1020810 (800x600).jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

lovely start, but soon clouded over