Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Why is there a warning out for wind today, when winds are forecast to be 10mph lower than yesterday?

Better late than never....oops I'll get my coat...

• Like 1

Posted

The wind gusts are ridiculous here, obviously heightened by trees being fully leafed.

26mm in my gauge this morning but lo and behold a dry day with sunny spells so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Blustery and dry apart from a very heavy shower a while ago.  16.4°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
36 minutes ago, Jasper Foxx said:

Blitzortung and Netweather radar show a sferic by the severn bridge. A glitch or maybe a real strike?

Wouldn't be surprised if real. Got caught in a hail shower in the centre of Bristol about an hour ago. Some robust looking cbs about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Wouldn't be surprised if real. Got caught in a hail shower in the centre of Bristol about an hour ago. Some robust looking cbs about.

More heading your way :)

Posted
3 hours ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

More heading your way :)

Drove back south to where I live shortly after, away from the gloomy skies over Bristol to bright sunshine a mere 10 miles south of that. Typical 'shower train' weather. 

Wind still gusting outside and feeling cold.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
4 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

Just had the Oxford cell skirt past to my north. Got some thunder and gusty winds out of it, but missed the soaking by a couple of miles

Took a direct hit from that one. Genuine 'purple' rain on the radar and hail on the ground.

BBC forecast for this morning was woeful. Rain was supposed to have cleared first thing and their map was still showing the rain band over north-east coastal counties even when I got up to find it belting down outside. The rain was still there and was persistently heavy until 11am. Why don't they update their nowcasts? The remainder of the day was correct - sunshine and heavy blustery showers culminating in the aforementioned storm cell.

Posted
8 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

Took a direct hit from that one. Genuine 'purple' rain on the radar and hail on the ground.

BBC forecast for this morning was woeful. Rain was supposed to have cleared first thing and their map was still showing the rain band over north-east coastal counties even when I got up to find it belting down outside. The rain was still there and was persistently heavy until 11am. Why don't they update their nowcasts? The remainder of the day was correct - sunshine and heavy blustery showers culminating in the aforementioned storm cell.

Shows just how local storms are.Moderate rain for a few minutes as we were on the periphery of that. The rainfall amounts looked impressive. Wind was our most notable feature here. Lots of debris on the roads and pavements

Posted

Much better day today. Still breezy but warmer with good sunny spells.

Posted

After an overcast start, some brightening out over the channel. Currently 14.0°C, wind currently 18knots over the harbour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Rain on and off during the afternoon and still quite breezy although less so than earlier in the week. 15.0°C

Posted

Thank goodness we're at the longest sun time of year which has allowed for a lovely evening after a surprisingly overcast drizzly / showery day.

Technically I think this area was stuck under a front all day which has only edged East (and intensified) this evening allowing clearer skies in ahead of the active cold front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and settled according to my mood and time of year!

Anybody else getting an absolute deluge about now. Lightning to my west but can't hear thunder. Rain is exceptionally heavy and only just relented a little after a good ten minutes. Everything overflowing including my pond fed from the water butt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and settled according to my mood and time of year!

Apologies, thought my location was set. A few miles north of Sunny Bognor!

Posted

Blue skies all day so far and not feeling too bad in the sun. 17.0°C. 

Posted

One shower in an approximately 250 square mile area and it comes right over my garden where I am playing outside with my boy!!!

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

One shower in an approximately 250 square mile area and it comes right over my garden where I am playing outside with my boy!!!

Aren't you the UN lucky one:unknw:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

What a mixture of a day!  Initially, half six this morning, blue skies and early sunshine, clouded over and breeze increased by 10, spits of mizzle in the wind, then a couple of hours of blue skies, warmth and sunshine.  Now it's heavy mizzle blowing around in a still blustery wind.