South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

53 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

It's dropped here and temp is 21 C . Does that  bode well for thunder and lightning later ?

Not sure the temperature makes much difference but it certainly has that feel to it here. 

Still breezy here although much less so than earlier. 19.5°C. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if, on the off chance that we hit the jackpot sunday/monday then who fancies joining me on a recce into the Northern England Regional threads monday night to say "hello" and then do some serious gloat

I looked at this chart and proudly pronounced to the wife that she was getting 10-15cm tomorrow.....she just laughed  the old ones are the best......lol

Posted Images

Wall to wall sunshine here today, stiff breeze until about an hour ago.  Maxed out at 27°C, currently 20°C.  Might be a difficult night to sleep with the high temperature and possibly storms.

First storm forming over the Channel Island in the last half hour, a little earlier than forecast. Seem to be heading South Dorset/Devon way at the moment

• Like 1

Having had my windows and curtains closed all day to keep the heat out, the windows are now wide open letting the cool in, which means other than hearing every plane flying in and out of Bristol airport, my ears will be peeled for thunder in the early hours.

• Like 1

Had a min of 17.4C last night which is most likely my warmest May min. The breeze with a onshore element has kept it a bit cooler here, up to 23.9C today with a gusty wind (22.1C yesterday), though it's still warm if breezy now (11:10pm) at 20.8C! 

Also you can already see distant frequent lightning from that storm in the channel from here!

• Like 1