Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Anyone know when the next set of runs are due out? Thanks

9:30 Jay

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
5 minutes ago, Nick_Somerset said:

Hi...in between Ilminster and Taunton (back and beyond), proper cider country. :)

Nick ,welcome to best thread in town. For some strange reason, you email suddenly spawned the Wurzels singing

I am a Cider Drinker,
it soothes all me troubles away,
Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay, Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, just checked the forecast for here tomorrow on the METO site, says heavy snow up to lunchtime, turning to sleet for a few hours then back to snow after dark. Hmmm, we shall see. Might be an altitude thing as I'm on a big hill, if so I shan't see much of it as I'll be in the warm valley of Bath city centre, hoping the weather keeps the crowds away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'll be in Trowbridge for next 3 days too jeth bar nights. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
8 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I'll be in Trowbridge for next 3 days too jeth bar nights. 

It'll be sods law for both of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I'm hoping Sunday's poss snow event goes North as i wont be in the country. :D

I'm kind of secretly hoping it goes well north and hits Scotland only and then watch the carnage unfold as the wheels fall off in the model thread :spiteful:

Posted

Prayer mats out everyone, and a deep breathe in around +72 time frame :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

All these snow accumulation maps on the model forum aren't pleasant viewing for an isle of Wight resident. It's been 7 years since we had proper covering ?

Posted

path looks identical in the early frames boooooo hoooooo :lazy:

I don't even like snow anyway :whistling: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think it may be time to bury the M4 (no pun intended) then the snowline doesn't have such an easy guideline! :D

Posted

Toys shall fly!! until the next instalment :rofl: There will probably be more shifts, but our luck is out i think.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

The MOD thread is getting very emotional, as much as I want snow its highly amusing...all out slider civil war!

Posted
Just now, birdman said:

The MOD thread is getting very emotional, as much as I want snow its highly amusing...all out slider civil war!

yes, tensions are rather high. I just got attacked for a comment on the GFS run. Luckily i have thick skin 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Anyone know when the next set of runs are due out? Thanks

LMAO come on Jay - you've been here for 25 years - you know exactly when the 6Z comes out!! :rofl:

Posted
10 minutes ago, kumquat said:

LMAO come on Jay - you've been here for 25 years - you know exactly when the 6Z comes out!! :rofl:

Bit rusty mate, been so long waiting for the snow I've not even checked any models.

Come on snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

yes, tensions are rather high. I just got attacked for a comment on the GFS run. Luckily i have thick skin 

Its ridiculous! Having a meltdown over another persons opinion on something generated by a computer that may or not happen.

Thing is, chasing the charts is half the fun. If you actually get anything out of it then its a bonus! Great thing is Winter has only just started and we are talking about snow already. If the South West misses out this time, plenty more shots to come.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Wet Wet Wet for Sunday! That ship has surely sailed! (I know I change my mind like a yo-yo) But in the interim lets see what snow showers we can nab tomorrow and saturday!!!

Long term 50 50 each model run seems to deviate from a blocked nirvana to mild mush. 

Popcorn ready lets see what goes on in the MAD thread!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
13 minutes ago, birdman said:

Its ridiculous! Having a meltdown over another persons opinion on something generated by a computer that may or not happen.

Thing is, chasing the charts is half the fun. If you actually get anything out of it then its a bonus! Great thing is Winter has only just started and we are talking about snow already. If the South West misses out this time, plenty more shots to come.

I find it funny TBH....so called 'adults' squabbling and b-i-t-c-h-ing about a bunch of computer generated predictions that no one can control with all the ego's flying around.....How one can have a 'weather ego' goes right over my head.....lol..................Me? I'm just along for the ride, I love how model outputs ebb and flow (and of course I get a bit of a kick out of the ensuing carnage in the model threads....lol)

edit....'b-i-t-c-hing' in the swear filter?.....you're having a larf!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
Just now, festivalking said:

Wet Wet Wet for Sunday! That ship has surely sailed! (I know I change my mind like a yo-yo) But in the interim lets see what snow showers we can nab tomorrow and saturday!!!

Long term 50 50 each model run seems to deviate from a blocked nirvana to mild mush. 

Popcorn ready lets see what goes on in the MAD thread!

Yes, Sunday looks done for us lot, never mind though, onto the next! 

Really hoping we see something tomorrow/Saturday am, would feel a bit of a let down otherwise.

I can understand the emotions in the MAD thread, but it really does prove the point that the Regional's are the best for discussing IMBY snow etc, as you can celebrate and commiserate together and that civil war or rivalry won't exist.  Easier said than done however. Everyone will be friends again in a week lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Indeed but even in regions we can have differences in the weather, but everyone here just seems civil up for a laugh and also importantly realise that its only the chuffing weather!!!!

Anyway short day at work tomorrow 10 - 3.30 and most of time here I'll be radar watching. For my neck of the woods there seems quiet confidence of falling snow and up to 5cm cover above 300 metres, pretty confident I'll see some fall but nothing to settle actually at home. 

Too early for a drink?

Posted

Time to come out of lurking hibernation with the prospect of some wintry precipitation for some of us over the next few days. Great to see loads of people back for another season and some newbies too:friends:

Been lurking in the MAD tread but have retreated to more friendly territory here. 

There is still time for Sunday's low to correct south so keep the faith people i hope we all get masses of the white stuff!:cold-emoji:

If it doesn't happen on Sun we have many more chances! Haven't seen it looking so good for years!

Happy snow hunting all :cold:

• Like 1