Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

Reading between the lines of the text and tv forecasts. i think the meto have real reservations and concerns about the track of the low and how far east the front will actually get on sunday. Could be a few surprises yet. Every forecast for sunday bangs on about the uncertainty as if they're apologising to northernerners in advance for the southwest gettiing all their snow.  lol

Posted

What's the chances of getting an 09 Bristol channel style streamer set up with this kinda set up? Think it was 2009 or was it 2010... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Looks like suttle changes in the snow "threat" on Sunday with the north of our region coming into play. As with these set ups all options open but i doubt very much it will shift enough to encompass Dorset Devon and Cornwall! But you never know Gloucestershire Oxfordshire could see the odd wet flake bit of sleet :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I could do with a spell of benign weather, just to keep off off this bloody forum for a few days so I can recover..... it’s been a long few weeks :lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I could do with a spell of benign weather, just to keep off off this bloody forum for a few days so I can recover..... it’s been a long few weeks :lazy:

Come Sunday steady cold rain will seem very benign and normal... :acute:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I’m interested in the temperature change here once the front clears tomorrow/Friday. Wish my weather station and temperature sensor would start talking to each other! Can fathom out why they both seem to be working but won’t connect.. any ideas?

does anyone know if you can get an external temperature sensor that is picked up by an app on your phone? 

Edited by khodds

Posted
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’m interested in the temperature change here once the front clears tomorrow/Friday. Wish my weather station and temperature sensor would start talking to each other! Can fathom out why they both seem to be working but won’t connect.. any ideas?

does anyone know if you can get an external temperature sensor that is picked up by an app on your phone? 

What weather station do you have khodds?

I'm having an issue with my Raspberry Pi, if I have a power cut or one of my lovely children decide to unplug it, I have to do the commands in Linux to get it working again for Wunderground, there must be a reboot code that I can enter for it to automatically reinstate the commands, but I can't find a way.... yet 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

It’s an Oregon scientific WMR80.. basic but does (or did!) what I wanted it to..

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

It’s an Oregon scientific WMR80.. basic but does (or did!) what I wanted it to..

I have a similar station! have you recently changed the Batteries? 

Press the reset button on the Temperature Sensor and then search on the base station. If that fails, reset the base station.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, khodds said:

I normally find that the range on mine gets worse as the batteries die off. If you take the station for a walk, i.e. up to the sensor, you might find they start talking. That's how I check mine.

• Like 1

Posted

06z GFS alert !!!! south west corrections..... can we get in on the action :shok:

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I have a similar station! have you recently changed the Batteries? 

Press the reset button on the Temperature Sensor and then search on the base station. If that fails, reset the base station.

I’d changed batteries in one but not the other. I’ll give it a go and report back later (off to buy batteries!) thank you! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

06z GFS alert !!!! south west corrections..... can we get in on the action :shok:

Sid’s law and history says, yes, we will.. but it’ll all be gone by the 18z tonight ?

Posted

Not a great update for the W Country from Fergie on Twitter. Looks like the odd snow shower friday and Saturday then rain Sunday. Looks like most of our region is going to be in the mild sector come Sunday with very north of our region getting some snow.

Edited by Richard Fisher
grammar

Posted
Just now, khodds said:

I’d changed batteries in one but not the other. I’ll give it a go and report back later (off to buy batteries!) thank you! 

Yes, if you change the batteries, you have to reset! I have had this problem. Good luck :)

• Like 1

Posted

oh my :give_rose:

gfs-2-108.thumb.png.93b09a66518ebe00a11495e13aac6db3.png

:air_kiss:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

It’s still so far away though ?.. it’s like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey! 

Posted
Just now, khodds said:

It’s still so far away though ?.. it’s like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey! 

True enough, but the closer we get to the day itself, the more new data available, so if I was in the midlands north now, I would be very very nervous indeed. For us this is really good news, we are still very much in the game! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

True enough, but the closer we get to the day itself, the more new data available, so if I was in the midlands north now, I would be very very nervous indeed. For us this is really good news, we are still very much in the game! 

Excellent! 

My day off today.. think I’m fast gonna run out of “likes” at this rate! Should be cleaning the house and getting the decorations up!

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Not a great update for the W Country from Fergie on Twitter. Looks like the odd snow shower friday and Saturday then rain Sunday. Looks like most of our region is going to be in the mild sector come Sunday with very north of our region getting some snow.

and thereafter only mild blips for remainder of December !!!! that is big news !!! Christmas hopes are alive!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Rapodo said:

Why are you even trying to run php on a htm page? No wonder your not getting any help. Trying to force php on a htm page is very bad pratice and will affect your seo rankings. Just change the file type to .php and set links accordingly. Not many people code in htm. You can run normal html in php anyway. So why not just build a website in php file type then you'l never have a problem. Just change index.htm to index.php using note+ or other editor. Any links within the page that point to index.htm change to .php 

Firstly, the php can be called in html no problem. A small line of code can be added to the .htaccess file to allow it. I have never had that issue with any other hosting comany in 10 years. Secondly, I can't rename the page to a php extension because the software that processes the file and uploads it, keeps it as a .htm extension, it'll overwrite the .php extension every time. Hence why AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm is used. Thirdly, it is not forcing anything, it is a standard practice for anyone who faces similar issues. There's plenty of professional sites that offer this kind of workaround. I'm not running a business for profit, so I couldn't care less about seo rankings. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

BANK!!!

Kiss your face, Karlos x Burger it, I'm taking Monday off to go with my Friday :yahoo:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Everyone ready for the snow? Everyone will be digging themselves out next week lol.

Hell yeah!!

image.thumb.png.20422d96a9c8c66884e73b30e4301810.png

Whoop Whoop...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

South west corrections that keep correcting I smell a whiff of March 2013.......:fool:

• Like 1