Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

.. apart from here ..

Two days of 5 - 6°C before returning to double figures on Saturday. 

I do hope you have stocked up... stay safe :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
31 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Have you a link to John's blog?

Weathertrending.com or @weathertrending on Twitter 

regards 

fromey

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, kevvo said:
  • Met office now has sleet at 3am Friday for Purbecks. Massive upgrade! Must get an early night Thursday :yahoo:

00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00
Clear night Sleet shower Partly cloudy night Sunny day Sunny intervals Sunny day Clear night Clear night

Only if you're sitting up on the top of Creech Hill..

Posted
15 hours ago, Mapantz said:

That all depends on where you live i'm afraid. I see nothing in the short to medium term for where I live, that excites me. Anything coming from the NW/N is really just an insult for this geographical position. It doesn't matter how cold the uppers are, it's just watered down at the surface. I remember checking the current uppers last weekend, and it was showing -7 to -8, and I didn't even manage a frost. It needs to be slack pressure with cold uppers to create some nice sub-zero temperatures, or an Easterly, nothing else will cause any excitement.

Like you I am not seeing anything to get excited about, the cold air form the noted NW/N direction has to "dig in" for many days before we feel the effect of it (i.e. sub zero daytime temperatures). This isn't on the books this week or next, which suggests anything coming in from the SW will bump into relatively cool air and not cold air, so cold rain. All the recent MAD thread ranting about two (white stuff bearing) lows are lost on us. So, unless the TBFTE begins to strengthen, its a few cooler days on the cards, with the Cheshire  Gap far to far away to even think about..A picture is worth a 1000 words so this is what we mean...notice the darker Dorset (under the weather dome) area.

061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

I’m just going to see what happens, we might be surprised, I remember we got a streamer off of the BRISTOL channel back in 09 left a few cms  ,wasn’t even forecast and that came on the back N/W winds 

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

That is a very haunting image. The odds of us being snow-less just from looking at it, are pretty astronomical.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
37 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Like you I am not seeing anything to get excited about, the cold air form the noted NW/N direction has to "dig in" for many days before we feel the effect of it (i.e. sub zero daytime temperatures). This isn't on the books this week or next, which suggests anything coming in from the SW will bump into relatively cool air and not cold air, so cold rain. All the recent MAD thread ranting about two (white stuff bearing) lows are lost on us. So, unless the TBFTE begins to strengthen, its a few cooler days on the cards, with the Cheshire  Gap far to far away to even think about..A picture is worth a 1000 words so this is what we mean...notice the darker Dorset (under the weather dome) area.

Looks like snow right up to the Hampshire Dorset border but it stops as it crosses into Dorset. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
41 minutes ago, fromey said:

I’m just going to see what happens, we might be surprised, I remember we got a streamer off of the BRISTOL channel back in 09 left a few cms  ,wasn’t even forecast and that came on the back N/W winds 

That was almost a straight westerly though with returning polar maritime air which is quite unusual.

Met office extended outlook does indeed look very promising but only if it actually comes to anything..

• Like 1

Posted

I can't believe people get so hung up on precipitation timing forecasts so far in advance. Things will never turn out like that!

As an example, today was forecast last night to be dry yet in Warminster it's been drizzly most of the day. 

Posted

According to some in the mod thread it’s all over by next week!!! Mild coming back by early next week:rofl:

i just can’t keep up! 

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 minutes ago, fromey said:

According to some in the mod thread it’s all over by next week!!! Mild coming back by early next week:rofl:

i just can’t keep up! 

Fromey

Wonder if Netweather should put a health warning to those reading and taking part in that thread. Even money says the cold will be back on the 18z!

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Wonder if Netweather should put a health warning to those reading and taking part in that thread. Even money says the cold will be back on the 18z!

I just sit and chuckle to myself, it will be on then off for god knows how long.

met office update looks good, they wouldn’t put out something like that lightly

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

If all else fails save this, pop down to your local print shop to get some huge posters made up and plaster them over all your windows. If it helps, turn the heating off too.

DQMcG73W4AAIVPd.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
4 hours ago, festivalking said:

Yep as alluded to a weather warning for much of devon and cornwall has been issued by the MO. Laughable though as most areas on the MO app suggest rain and the odd sleet shower. Of course areas above 350 metres are in for a couple of days of constant snow showers. So I think at the moment its all a bit misleading. What is true the road from Plymouth to Princetown is gonna be gridlocked come saturday!!!

Any fully expect the warning to become diluted in the next day to suggest just the moors are at risk of snow.

That's what I thought too. That's why I'm so surprised a warning was issued . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m going to laugh my head off if this snow event ends up being a southern affair on Sunday. If that makes me a bad person.............. yeah, I can live with that.

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

This is how I feel right now reading posts in the MAD thread :wallbash:

confused.. headache... why do we (I) do it to myself year after year :rofl:

...off to chase rainbows ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I must admit, it's a little confusing reading stuff in the MAD thread. You could be forgiven for thinking there was nothing cold on the horizon.

I'm going to concentrate on now casting and hope we see a little of the white stuff Friday/Saturday. 

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I must admit, it's a little confusing reading stuff in the MAD thread. You could be forgiven for thinking there was nothing cold on the horizon.

I'm going to concentrate on now casting and hope we see a little of the white stuff Friday/Saturday. 

You have the right idea Steve. I’ll be doing the same, interesting synoptics, it’ll be fascinating now casting I think. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I see the M* c******r appearing in the MOD thread again. :diablo:

Posted
22 minutes ago, SteveB said:

It is a bit crazy in there tonight, it’s now the will it snow in my location thread, and anyone not in that zone appears to think zonal is the way forward, which is not the case at all! Very bizarre. Nowcasting is definitely the game for this Friday onwards.

7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I see the M* c******r appearing in the MOD thread again. :diablo:

Hate that phrase  :angry:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, khodds said:

You have the right idea Steve. I’ll be doing the same, interesting synoptics, it’ll be fascinating now casting I think. 

Indeed, it's going to be touch and go for me on the coast, but chances are there 

• Like 1

Posted

I’m actually slowly beginning to lose the wil to live in that thread :nonono:

GP’s post should hopefully put a stop to the drip drip posts 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

It is a bit crazy in there tonight, it’s now the will it snow in my location thread, and anyone not in that zone appears to think zonal is the way forward, which is not the case at all! Very bizarre. Nowcasting is definitely the game for this Friday onwards.

Hate that phrase  :angry:

The funny/annoying thing is, I haven’t a clue where they are all from as I’m on my phone reading it and it doesn’t supply that information. Not that it should even be talked about in the MAD thread anyway ?